Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do your kids contribute to the household?

Posted by   + Show Post
Are there certain things they are responsible for doing? (Feed the dog, sweep the living room, etc)
What are their ages?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Replies (31-34):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Hahaha I know, right?

Quoting saphiraka:

10 and 12 year old girls.. They share a room.. It is there job to keep it clean as Im not the one in there throwing stuff in the floor  lol.   Other chores are alternating each day.. 1 empties all the small trash cans (we have one in every room, no excuse not to throw stuff away, its not that far  lol)  the other scoops the cats litter pan..     1 feeds the outside pet, 1 feeds the inside pet.   One washes the dishes, one dries and puts up..   They each have their own laundry day.. and They will put their clothes in the machine (since 1/2 the time they are inside out and I make them fix it lol)  I set it to washing for them.  Then I put in dryer since they would have to use step ladder.. They take their own clothes out of dryer and hang up/fold /put away.  Both help in the kitchen at dinner time, as that is part of the learning process..  And before they leave my house they will know how to take care of themselves.  They will know how to clean, how to cook, how to do their laundry.. cause Momma aint coming over and doing it when they are grown. lol

bamamommy2009
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

my kids are 2 boy and 4 girl so they dont have too much per say but my girl sets the dinner table, and helps to clear it after dinner. she has to pickup her room before bed time. our son has to help pick up the trash cans around the house every night{I have one big one andthe rest are small} and clean up his room before bed. right after bath time both kids have to get up their dirty clothes and bring them to the laundry room to be washed. :) if the kids keep up the good for a few days they get a special treat- we may take them out to eat a special dinner, or let them have a special candy something they'd enjoy :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Lol 10 dishes each? What if there are 15 dishes only?

Quoting paganbaby:

My 8yo ds is responsible for cleaning the litter box, his bathroom, taking out the trash, washing 10 dishes and sweeping the living room. My 14 yo dd, cleans her room, the bathroom, washes 10 dishes, vacumes and does a 5 min clean in the rest of the house. Oh and she walks the dogs too. My 6yo dd only waters the pants when she gets home.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Ha! There are never only 15 dishes in the sink,lol. But that includes silverware too.

Quoting mem82:

Lol 10 dishes each? What if there are 15 dishes only?

Quoting paganbaby:

My 8yo ds is responsible for cleaning the litter box, his bathroom, taking out the trash, washing 10 dishes and sweeping the living room. My 14 yo dd, cleans her room, the bathroom, washes 10 dishes, vacumes and does a 5 min clean in the rest of the house. Oh and she walks the dogs too. My 6yo dd only waters the pants when she gets home.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)