Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flash cards- Yay or nay?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM
  • 38 Replies

Do you use flash cards to practice math facts? Or spelling words or ABCs?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelamiles05
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Spelling word right now. As math get more difficult for him I am sure we will. We have so many index cards around our desk, lol.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Yes! My 4 year old son LOVES flashcards, lol. His favs are the flashcards that came with his Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD for letter sounds.

We used flash cards, and flash card based games, to learn colors, shapes, numbers, and letters.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM
No, I can't get in to them.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

They really helped Cole with his Dolch Sight words.

Quoting angelamiles05:

Spelling word right now. As math get more difficult for him I am sure we will. We have so many index cards around our desk, lol.

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

We use them for language arts and foreign languages, but not math.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Intereesting. I've never used them with the younger kids. Theo and Nikki love the Letter Factory, though. Where did you pick your's up at?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Yes! My 4 year old son LOVES flashcards, lol. His favs are the flashcards that came with his Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD for letter sounds.

We used flash cards, and flash card based games, to learn colors, shapes, numbers, and letters.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM

My oldest never seemed to need them or respond to them.

Quoting SMTCMMoore:

No, I can't get in to them.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM

What is on your cards?

Quoting TidewaterClan:

We use them for language arts and foreign languages, but not math.

angelamiles05
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM

We have those! They make my son giggle when we use them. It's awesome when learning is fun!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM

LOL Obviously, I've missed something wonderful.

Quoting angelamiles05:

We have those! They make my son giggle when we use them. It's awesome when learning is fun!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)