Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Luches...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

We are falling into a PB&J rut, lol. I need cheap and easy lunch ideas. I don't like heavy cooking in the afternoon.  

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ncale
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
A lot of times we have leftovers
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Leftovers, soup and grilled cheese, a heartier soup alone, spaghettios (shame on me I know!) or chef boyarde, we try to mix up the sandwich meat so sometimes we have ham or roast beef or turkey. We also make homemade lunchables (pepperoni, cheese, and crackers..with some fruit or raw veggies usually). Hot dogs. Macaroni and cheese (from a box! I know I know....someone on here mentioned a recipe for quick Mac and chees not in a box). DS makes ham egg and cheese on a bagel pretty often. Omelettes are pretty quick. My kids love a "smorgasbord" they just ave whatever we have, cheese, crackers, fruit, veggies, yogurt..they are almost getting good at balancing lol, sometimes I have to remind them to add some protein but I think that's their favorite, just a random array of whatever they can find. Oh and chips, they love chips and try to eat them with lunch every day.
coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM

My kids love when I smear cream cheese on a piece of lunch meat (ham or turkey) add some sunflower or pumpkin seeds, a slice or two of cucumber and a few baby spinach leaves.  Roll up and hold in place with a tooth pick.  We also do leftovers, grilled cheese with soup.....cream of pumpkin (homemade) is wonderful but you have to add a lot of seasonings to give it some flavor.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM

We do left overs, the kids like to make pizzas on English muffins & pizza quesadilla. I will make homemade chili & then use it for Frito pie & chili dogs! Pot pies this time of year would be good!

tcfla
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Do grilled cheese on different types of breads.  like tortilla, hamburg buns, etc.  Lettuce wraps (use the left over dinner from the night before to stuff) But ya know.....nothing really beats a good PB&J ;)

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM

90% of the time we do leftovers.  I cook one big meal at night and it's leftovers the next day. 

I love rice dishes, casseroles, etc.  Tater tot casserole (I add lots of veggies), lentils with veggies and bacon over rice, tacos/nachos, grilled chicken, chicken fried rice, etc

angelamiles05
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Can I get your recipe for the tater tot casserole?

Quoting ablackdolphin:

90% of the time we do leftovers.  I cook one big meal at night and it's leftovers the next day. 

I love rice dishes, casseroles, etc.  Tater tot casserole (I add lots of veggies), lentils with veggies and bacon over rice, tacos/nachos, grilled chicken, chicken fried rice, etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)