Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you taking time off next week?

Posted by   + Show Post
?
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM

We were going to take the week, but with DH feeling the way he is we will continue work all week.  Thursday they will help with the cooking.  Friday we will probably do a documentary or something, keeping it kind of light.  So Thursday will probably really be their only day off.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Just don't let your husband burn you or the kids out. Even public schoolers take a long weekend! 8)

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

We were going to take the week, but with DH feeling the way he is we will continue work all week.  Thursday they will help with the cooking.  Friday we will probably do a documentary or something, keeping it kind of light.  So Thursday will probably really be their only day off.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  We are taking all of December off, so we are going to tie up all loose ends next week.  We are so excited about December, reading magazines looking for cookie recipes, Picking out advent stories to tell each other, gift projects are in the works.  We have been using every non-schooling moment reading and meaasuring and all that, it has made me realize that "school" will continue, it'll just look much more unschooling than what we do normally.  I may even write some of it in our portfolios!  LOL

Bethbeth
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

oh, that sounds awesome. It will be like school, but the kids won't know it's school, heehee.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Nope.  We are taking all of December off, so we are going to tie up all loose ends next week.  We are so excited about December, reading magazines looking for cookie recipes, Picking out advent stories to tell each other, gift projects are in the works.  We have been using every non-schooling moment reading and meaasuring and all that, it has made me realize that "school" will continue, it'll just look much more unschooling than what we do normally.  I may even write some of it in our portfolios!  LOL

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Yes. We will be having Thanksgiving dinner Monday with dh. He leaves out Wednesday and then we'll be at families Thursday.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I am not sure. We plan on taking the recommended break from the curriculum, but I plan on using the free time to delve more into some nature, autumn, and thanksgiving topics. We use a relaxed approach, so it won't be much different, I suppose. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM

That was kind of my idea from the beginning, but it is working out so much better than I could have even imagined.  Lst night they were gathered around a cooking magazine reading through cookie recipes until I literally forced them to get ready for bed!

Quoting Bethbeth:

oh, that sounds awesome. It will be like school, but the kids won't know it's school, heehee.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Muscadine1
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM
The entire week!
ladyofnight
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM

We are taking the entire week. The boys are having their 6 weeks testing now. Then they will have school for about 2 weeks and then taking 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Years. Then right back to the grind. Easter they get a long week end. They get out in early may because we do Saturday schools too. They usually surpass the 180 day recommendation for attendance. 

Ecoseem
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM

We will be traveling and cooking a lot, so yah, but only if you don't count the constant questioning from the people we visit.  Ds is very, very good at deflecting questions though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN