Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you taking time off next week?

Posted by   + Show Post
?
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I'm thinking of take a few days off.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not too sure what we are doing. I guess we will play it by ear. :)
StepDucky
by Sarah on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM

We are not doing "normal school" we will be learning about what Thanksgiving real means and what actually happened.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Interesting stuff

Quoting StepDucky:

We are not doing "normal school" we will be learning about what Thanksgiving real means and what actually happened.

MacMamaof5
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I guess we will be doing what others will call "unschooling".  I have learned when I take a day off and just observe them, they find things to learn on their own pretty much.  Me being almost 38 weeks pregnant--that kind of stuff comes in handy!  Matter of fact, we will start TODAY, being off.  My due date is December 3rd, so might as well play this by ear.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Just Thursday and Friday.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I haven't decided. Tomorrow hubby leaves for a hunting trip, and we go Wed to pick him up and then continue on to OH to be with his parents for Thanksgiving. I haven't decided if I'm going to bring everything, some things, or nothing with us as far as school work goes. I can forsee having a bunch of downtime where my two might get restless and it'd at least be something to do, but I also see there just not being anytime to do it depending on how their schedules are. Typically, Hubby and his brother sit down and play games and his parents are working...I think they all have off this time which means everyone would be home, but they all sleep in late, and my kids are early risers in comparison, so having something for them to quietly do would be helpful...
I guess I'll see how packed the car is :/

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM

We are taking the whole week off because we are taking a big trip (driving from Indiana to Utah). Actually we are taking today (Fri) off too because I'm feeling super stressed about prepping for the trip (we leave Sunday night), in addition to having 4 birthday parties this week (yes, four!) to buy gifts for, attend, etc - plus regular LIFE stuff happening. I feel like every day this week I've had to go out and do at least five different things. Wednesday I had to take the dog to the vet to get a cortisone shot for his allergies. Yesterday I had to take my daughter to get braces put on (and luckily DH could go in with her because she had a major meltdown AND the dog had a groomer appt in that timeframe - the dog is staying with some friends so I want him to be clean and have nice nails before I take him to their house) - so that took up all the morning. Then DD2 had Daisies in the afternoon and it's just been crazy. I feel like I've hardly been home at all this week. Our school room is a wreck. So that's my plan for the day today - get everything caught up around the house.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM

We are taking the entire week off.  It's been a hectic school year with lots of sickness and just a lot of stress.  We really could use a break with nothing but reading.

coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

My kids have only gotten 2 partial days this week.  They will work all next week.....atleast until Wednesday afternoon when we will start out prep for Thursday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)