Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Extracurricular Activites

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you children involved in any extracurricular activities?  If so, what do they do?  I'm looking for ideas for my kids.  :)

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
tansyflower
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM

this.  only we live in the country so they pretty much hang out with anyone that they come in contact with...the fed ex guy, mail lady, jehovah witnesses.  if someone knocks on the door my three year old thinks whoever it is is his new best friend lol.

the only other thing we have available around here for kids their age would be some swim classes at the ymca and a tumbling class.  but with three little ones under three to take care of its hard to do something like swimming classes and two of them are too young for tumbling.  its easier to take them up to my mom's house so we can swim in her pool and i have help!

Quoting paganbaby:

Nope. Mine just hang out with the neighborhood kids.

coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM

My girls are involved in skating.  I have one that artistic skates and one that speed skates.  They personally love it because it challenges them.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM

DS (12): Photography, Band, Choir

DD (10): Dance, Voice, Piano, Choir

DD (8): Dance, Choir, Art

Grumpy.Cat
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Nope. We have horses and they ride, maybe they'll get involved with some kind of farming club or pony club as they grow. We take classes here and there at our community centre, but it's not on a regular schedule.

Next year I might have my oldest start swim team, when she's old enough.

We go to the comm. centre a few times a week for swim and sports, but again, no teams or schedules or competitions.

julesjerry
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM

We do art at home, swimming thru city, Gymnastics thru local gym class, piano

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

My daughter is in 4H and Girlscouts during the school year and swim during the summer
We were trying to do orchestra, but we weren't able to register in time.

Mweddle
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM

My daughter is in girl scouts.   She wants to do cheer but I haven't decided yet if she can do 2 things because its expensive and my other daughter wants to do it too! Plus, I have 2 boys to enroll in extracurriculars hahaha. 

JATomlinson
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Mine currently isn't because I don't have money to get her in to anything.  When I do I want to get her into gymnastics and T-ball though.  I know other parent's who get their kids into Karate, dance, vocal lessons, music lessons, photography lessons, art lessons, 4H, swimming, clubs, youth group at church, speech class, they can also join JROTC if they're old enough.  If you're in an area where there's winter activities there's also ice skating, skiing, and snow boarding.  If you're in an area with a lot of water you could considder kayaking.  What about girl or boy scouts?  Check with any local home school groups in your area to see what they're up to also.

Lion Cub School - Making Smiles, Making Memories

> Check out our home school blog <

jakana2369
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM
My girls do swimming. The younger 2 do competitive Cheerleading. They all do 4H. I am looking for a co-op in my area but no luck:(

Cooking classes would be fun!
jakana2369
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I can't find it anywhere.

Where do you find home schooling groups in your area? We live in a metropolitan area and I have looked but can't find any anywhere.

Quoting JATomlinson:

Mine currently isn't because I don't have money to get her in to anything.  When I do I want to get her into gymnastics and T-ball though.  I know other parent's who get their kids into Karate, dance, vocal lessons, music lessons, photography lessons, art lessons, 4H, swimming, clubs, youth group at church, speech class, they can also join JROTC if they're old enough.  If you're in an area where there's winter activities there's also ice skating, skiing, and snow boarding.  If you're in an area with a lot of water you could considder kayaking.  What about girl or boy scouts?  Check with any local home school groups in your area to see what they're up to also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN