Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Extracurricular Activites

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you children involved in any extracurricular activities?  If so, what do they do?  I'm looking for ideas for my kids.  :)

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Replies (21-26):
JATomlinson
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I found one on Facebook and I know there's a couple more.  Also the county has a home school office where you can go and get free home school curriculum if you want to go that route, so I know people will go in there and get information about the different home school co-ops in our area.  We're pretty rural and there are at least 2 groups/co-ops here that I know of.  Search Facebook, but also look on Craigslist.  Post in the forums there asking if anyone knows of any homeschool groups/co-ops in the area.

Quoting jakana2369:

I can't find it anywhere.

Where do you find home schooling groups in your area? We live in a metropolitan area and I have looked but can't find any anywhere.

Quoting JATomlinson:

Mine currently isn't because I don't have money to get her in to anything.  When I do I want to get her into gymnastics and T-ball though.  I know other parent's who get their kids into Karate, dance, vocal lessons, music lessons, photography lessons, art lessons, 4H, swimming, clubs, youth group at church, speech class, they can also join JROTC if they're old enough.  If you're in an area where there's winter activities there's also ice skating, skiing, and snow boarding.  If you're in an area with a lot of water you could considder kayaking.  What about girl or boy scouts?  Check with any local home school groups in your area to see what they're up to also.

Lion Cub School - Making Smiles, Making Memories

> Check out our home school blog <

JATomlinson
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm good friends with the photography teacher. ;)

Quoting Pukalani79:

DS (12): Photography, Band, Choir

DD (10): Dance, Voice, Piano, Choir

DD (8): Dance, Choir, Art

Lion Cub School - Making Smiles, Making Memories

> Check out our home school blog <

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Once my kids are older we might do more, but right now we focus on home. Obviously we go out of the house. Lol! But as far as scheduled activities we don't have any. My kids are 8, 4.5 and 18 months old. It's too hard working things around naps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Currently DD is involved in Girl Scouts and Dance. In Jan we plan on adding drama. Over the years they (DS is now an adult) have been involved in many sports and clubs. 

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Do a search on Yahoo Groups

Quoting jakana2369:

I can't find it anywhere.

Where do you find home schooling groups in your area? We live in a metropolitan area and I have looked but can't find any anywhere.

Quoting JATomlinson:

Mine currently isn't because I don't have money to get her in to anything.  When I do I want to get her into gymnastics and T-ball though.  I know other parent's who get their kids into Karate, dance, vocal lessons, music lessons, photography lessons, art lessons, 4H, swimming, clubs, youth group at church, speech class, they can also join JROTC if they're old enough.  If you're in an area where there's winter activities there's also ice skating, skiing, and snow boarding.  If you're in an area with a lot of water you could considder kayaking.  What about girl or boy scouts?  Check with any local home school groups in your area to see what they're up to also.

Radiating2
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM
My son (6 next month) is in Taekwondo twice a week. Gymnastics once a week. Swimming three times a week and Yoga Calm once a week. We also take classes through a program around my area called Parks and Recreation. Parks and Rec is amazing for homeschooling/community activities. We also do at least one library story time a week. I try to have one thing a day (during week)that will take a good deal of energy out of him :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)