Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

S/O Truth....What education level have you (mommas) achieved?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 67 Replies

Poll

Question: What is your education level? Please do not post your education level, just vote and bump for others to vote too!

Options:

Did not finish high school

Graduated high school

Some college

Associates Degree

Bachelors Degree

Some post graduate work

Master's Degree

Doctorate Degree

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 100

View Results

The Truth about homeschooling post had a graphic in it with a breakdown of the education level of homeschooling parents.  It made me wonder what the education level in the group breaks down to.

Please DO NOT post you education level.  Just vote in the poll and bump for others to vote too!  Thanks!

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Bump
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM

bump

elizabooks
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM

bump

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

bump!  And thanks to all the bumps before me.  :-)

JATomlinson
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Can I link to that post here?  http://lioncubschool.blogspot.com/p/about-home-schooling.html

Or were you talking about a different post :)

I also thought that was interesting.  I saw several studies and infographics that stated also that regardles of the home school parent's education (from not finishing high school to a doctorate) that it had little to no effect on how well the kids did in home school, and the stats showed that the kids with parents with no college education actually scored a cpl points higher than the homeschoolers with parents that had a college or above education.  Interesting.  I laugh when ppl say parents aren't qualified to teach.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting JATomlinson:

Can I link to that post here?  http://lioncubschool.blogspot.com/p/about-home-schooling.html

Or were you talking about a different post :)

I also thought that was interesting.  I saw several studies and infographics that stated also that regardles of the home school parent's education (from not finishing high school to a doctorate) that it had little to no effect on how well the kids did in home school, and the stats showed that the kids with parents with no college education actually scored a cpl points higher than the homeschoolers with parents that had a college or above education.  Interesting.  I laugh when ppl say parents aren't qualified to teach.

Yours was that post.  I didn't want to derail your post, but I wondered how our little group here stacks up against the averages.

Most of my hs friends IRL have Bachelor's degrees, and many of them kind of use those degrees as reasons they are "qualified" to teach their children.  That always strikes me as disingenuous.  I've met many moms of all education levels that are extremely capable of teaching their children.  IMO it is a sign of a slightly sick culture that people feel the need to explain their qualifications to teach their children.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:28 PM

BUMP!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay I gotta say, I'm getting a bit curious.  Mostly because we have a Dr in the house!  :-)

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Bumpity bump!

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)