Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Dh is driving me batty lol

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

My dh had minor surgery on his foot and has been home for three days. Three.Long.Days. At first he was helpful and worked with my 3 year old to keep him occupied. Now he's bored and grumpy. The living room tv is on nonstop. My 6 year old is distracted and getting very little done. Dh is issuing hsing edicts-"No schoolwork after 4 o'clock", "No breaks until all his work is done. " and various others that have nothing to do with how hs works here. Arrrghhhh. I can't wait until he's back at work next week. I'm sure he feels the same way lol.

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Anytime my hubby is home on a weekday we take full advantage of the extra family time we are blessed with! Just this week he was home sick for 2 days & it was just like an extension to our weekend. The kids & I got to spend time with him that we normally don't get!

Maybe you should think about doing that with the rest of the time he is home so that the strain of it isn't so great & you can enjoy each other instead of wishing yourselves away from each other!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Awww!  Hugs, Momma!  This too shall pass.  I think the no breaks thing needs addressed.  When there are no breaks, work gets sloppy and everyone gets grumpy.  Good luck!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Oh this is a really good point!  Ignore me and do this instead!

Quoting usmom3:

Anytime my hubby is home on a weekday we take full advantage of the extra family time we are blessed with! Just this week he was home sick for 2 days & it was just like an extension to our weekend. The kids & I got to spend time with him that we normally don't get!

Maybe you should think about doing that with the rest of the time he is home so that the strain of it isn't so great & you can enjoy each other instead of wishing yourselves away from each other!

Molimomma
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

This was my house last week. My hubs had surgery on his nose to fix his deviated septum and rhinoplasty. It was a nightmare. He's Air Force and usually works 6 days a week 12 hours a day. Having him home full time AND recovering was beyond stressful, I couldn't wait for him to get back to work so we could get back to normal. It started that first day trapped at the hospital with my preschooler from 5:45 AM until 1PM and was all downhill from there. The first 2 days I almost passed out twice trying to be his nurse when the sight of blood makes me weak-kneed. Endless medicines and assorted nursing care plus my son who didn't completely understand what was going on or why my hubs was so out of commission. Then he went back to work and they put him on overnights for this week! Oi. Not cool. Hang in there, I totally understand your pain!

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Quoting usmom3:

Normally I would have, but my 6 year old had surgery two weeks ago so we took a big break then and are just getting back into the schoolwork again. Next week dh will have two days off for the holidays and we'll have vacation time then.

Momsold
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Wow, I can't imagine not liking when my husband's home. I love it when he's here.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL Well, he's not just at the house he is stuck in one spot because his foot is healing. He's getting bored and cranky. The first two days, OP, said were really fun. If someone is grouchy then they aren't fun to be around, love of your life or not.

Quoting Momsold:

Wow, I can't imagine not liking when my husband's home. I love it when he's here.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Momsold:

I love when my hubby is home, too, but a hurt hubby and cranky hubby can grate on the nerves.  I've found that when someone is healing they can often suck the happy right out of ya!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

This is some good advice!

Quoting usmom3:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Since she can't take anymore time off, I'll go with this.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Awww!  Hugs, Momma!  This too shall pass.  I think the no breaks thing needs addressed.  When there are no breaks, work gets sloppy and everyone gets grumpy.  Good luck!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)