Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Dh is driving me batty lol

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh had minor surgery on his foot and has been home for three days. Three.Long.Days. At first he was helpful and worked with my 3 year old to keep him occupied. Now he's bored and grumpy. The living room tv is on nonstop. My 6 year old is distracted and getting very little done. Dh is issuing hsing edicts-"No schoolwork after 4 o'clock", "No breaks until all his work is done. " and various others that have nothing to do with how hs works here. Arrrghhhh. I can't wait until he's back at work next week. I'm sure he feels the same way lol.

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Replies (11-13):
jakana2369
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Im sorry! I say take the time off. You can catch up later. If its making everyone on end then slow down a bit.

You can do little thing like read 10 minutes longer at night or add math into cooking. Let your 6yr know your changing it up tell dad goes back to work.

Side note. When my dh is grumpy I make him go to our room for a "quiet time" just like my girls. I do the same. No reason to bring down the whole house.
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Quoting jakana2369:

Im sorry! I say take the time off. You can catch up later. If its making everyone on end then slow down a bit.

You can do little thing like read 10 minutes longer at night or add math into cooking. Let your 6yr know your changing it up tell dad goes back to work.

Side note. When my dh is grumpy I make him go to our room for a "quiet time" just like my girls. I do the same. No reason to bring down the whole house.

LOL he has needed a time out. We've been staying out of his way. He's the worse patient ever.

jakana2369
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Hahaha most men are! Always remember it will get better.

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting jakana2369:

LOL he has needed a time out. We've been staying out of his way. He's the worse patient ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)