Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Can I brag for a minute?!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
4 moms liked this

Don't mind me- just a bragging mama here! Don't have anyone else to share this with right now.

My 6 year old (as ive mentioned before), goes to public school during the day but is learning nothing at all so we homeschool several days a week at home as well (still debating on homeschooling full time- but anyways...)

We've been studying planets and Ive been quizzing my 6 year old on them but she wanted a real test. I did a quick google search to find "tests" on them where the computer grades her answers. When she finished that (she got every question correct by the way!) she wanted to look around the site because she seen it covered other topics as well. 

Well my 6 year old just taught herself 2 digit subtraction and 2 digit addition with a little help from me.

Im so proud of her! And shes so proud of herself! I love when she figures something out and her whole face starts to glow with excitement! 

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

That is wonderful!

Howardx5
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

And then she cries when I tell her she needs a break for dinner or SLEEP! 

People swear im too hard on her and that im a "drill Sargent" when it comes to her education. I wish they could see who is strict on who around here. haha

ablessedlife
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Yay!!! You should be proud! She is so fortunate to have a mom who cares so much about her education.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 3:24 AM
That is awesome!
romacox
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:02 AM

That is amazing.  I would be very proud too.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM

That's awesome

-Kit-
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Neat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)