Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Reviews and opinions on..

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
Easy Peasy Homeschooling??
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I haven't tried it, here is a bump for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I found the site hard to maneuver and my kids really didn't like having to go to so many different links. We wanted something a little more ...already there, you know? Just easier to open and go. I guess we're just textbooky people.
Bethbeth
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been looking at the preschool and kindergarten years. I would just never do something totally online like that though, especially for such young kids. If I was going to do it, I would take some of the things off the computer. Like actually buy the primer instead of reading it online. And making my own sight word flash cards instead of reading hers online. I just can't imagine a 4 year old staring at the computer and not having things to touch hands on.

Another problem for me is that my 3 year old already knows all her letters and sounds so the spending a whole week looking at the letter A looks very painful, and my daughter would want to see all the other letters too.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM
For me it feels behind but like the previous poster my oldest knew their letters by 3. My 7 year old loves math and learned to add, subtract and multiply in her head, she figured these out on her own.

Though I do have to add she has no clue why the multiplication problems come out the way they do. So we really have to work on that. Plus she misses some big things the way she learns so we are all over the board.

So easy peasy does not meet that. But it seems like a complete program and a good resource. I will be using parts of it with my current 1st grader, along with lessonpathways.com, khan academy and starfall.com.
Zui77
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM
It does seem a bit painful with all the online stuff. Thanks everyone for your thoughts 8)
celticdragon77
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM

It's interesting to look through, and I have found some interesting stuff to incorporate into our lessons. I have used lesson pathways more so than Easy Peasy though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)