Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you ever...

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Feel like quitting homeschooling...what do you tell yourself to keep going?

Sorry for such a downer of a post lol.
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I remind myself that there are better days ahead, and my kids need this from me.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never felt like quitting homeschool but last week I almost quit my co-op that I run. We are meeting next week to make some changes. Whenever I feel like quitting I take some time off, regroup and make necessary changes.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think about it and then I talk to my husband.  Ussually we discuss what we talk about is what the kids are learning and how much happier they are on a regular basis.

celticdragon77
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Hear out your fears and concerns, and then address them with realistic problem solving ideas maybe. You could also make a list of why you homeschool and read it when you have doubts. 

I have seen people keep blogs of what they did everyday - what worked, what didnt, what thoughts or ideas they have... plus post pictures. Then they look over it all as a reminder of where they started and how far they have come. How many memories for good and for bad it all has been. 

If it keeps bothering you, then I would wonder if maybe its not the best decision. Its not good for you or your family to constantly struggle like that. It is typical for some concerns at various times though.

-Kit-
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I hide in my closet and cry and maybe destroy something like Angry Hulk.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

We established early on that the number one rule was that public school was not an option. It just isn't even a possibility. With that in mind, there is no room for wanting to quit. I just move on from a bad day as if it didn't  happen. Its just like marriage. You are commited for life, you find a way to make it work.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this

That the other option is public school & I know that they not only won't get the right education but it will mold them to the way the government wants them to be not the way they want themselves to be!

ambcortez
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Only on the bad days, which are few and far between.

Zui77
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I love all of these answers. Thank you!!
Guess I was just having a couple of bad days lol
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

It's so rare that I really had to think on this one.  I go through our portfolio (we need one for our state's evaluations).  I look at all of the progress they've made.  

And then I  make some tea or pop a bottle of wine, turn on a good calming cd, and curl up in a bubble bath until I feel better.  The next day things are better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)