Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you wish.....

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:16 AM
  • 12 Replies
What do you wish someone had told you before you started hs?
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:03 AM
That I would need a house just to store it all. We are getting a homeschool shed this spring. I am getting over run with supplies.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM
That my house would never be clean again! I'm joking... Sorta. Lol
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I wish someone would have told me to look into Waldorf from the day my first child was born. I'm lucky I found it by second grade and intend to use it for my other two from now on.
I wish someone would have explained unschooling to me early on instead of me thinking it was basically ignoring your child.
I wish I would have planned to homeschool from the beginning and never put my sweet girl in kindergarten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm. I wish someone had told me that I would develop a curriculum obsession.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

That I would need to throw away most of the stuff my degree tells me to do and listen to my kids instead.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I wish someone had told me that I was already teaching them as small children & baby's & to just keep doing that!

Zui77
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM
This! Except there is no joking sorta about it!

Quoting mem82:

That my house would never be clean again! I'm joking... Sorta. Lol

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I wish homeschool would have registered on my radar way back in 1993 when I was pregnant with ODS. I truly believe there has never been a more homeschool-perfect child than him, and I regret that he ever set foot inside a PS as a student. PS really caused a lot of issues that he is still working to overcome even now, as an almost-20-y.o.
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish someone had told me that it's okay.  It's okay to have days of struggle.  It's okay that we didn't "do school" today. It's okay that the kids are not going to be college ready at 12.  lol  Just...it's okay

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this
That I really was capable of homeschooling. I'd have started several years ago & saved my youngest from two miserable years of public school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)