Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving week! How busy is your family?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:09 AM
  • 25 Replies
My house will be madness!
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Not busy at all. I will be glad to be busy again. My craziness starts next week.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Enjoy the calm before the storm! Lol

Quoting jen2150:

Not busy at all. I will be glad to be busy again. My craziness starts next week.
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM

We've got a few things going on, but not much.  Chaos is fun, though, sometimes.  :)

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Not really, though we have a new baby and twin toddlers so that will make it interesting.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Not! We will have no family or friends over, it will just be our tiny little family & that is just fine with us!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I just need to make a dish to take over to my husbands side on Thursday, and rolls and a dish to my side on Saturday. Thanksgiving is my favorite because it's the least chaotic for us. No gifts, no sugar rushes from Easter candy or Halloween candy. Just good food and company!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Doing the big deal on Wednesday with my dad, stepmom, ODS, and little sister before little sister's bfri comes in from California Wednesday night. (He's not my cup of tea.) We are having a big roast beef that day because my dad doesn't eat poultry, then we are splitting a turkey to make it three different ways for Thursday at home. I'm making grain free pumpkin custard for me and the LO, and a butterscotch cake, lemon chess pie, and cheese straws for everyone else. My sister makes pecan pies every Thanksgiving now that she's grown, and that takes a lot of pressure off of me LOL. DH is a brilliant rotisseur, so I haven't had to make many meat dishes for years and years. My holiday weeks have been pretty easy for a long time now, because DH and I naturally split tasks according to his talents. Plus, he grew up in a large Catholic family that really did the whole nine for holidays, and each member took his part, so he came pre-trained. ;)
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I'm in the boat with usmom.  We have Thanksgiving here for just us.  We will go to my mom and dad's on Friday, but that's a standing breakfast date every week.  MIL and FIL have yet to return our calls about what they want to do.  For 20 some years they have had a big Thanksgiving on Friday evening at DH's uncle's house and last year they switched it to Thursday.  We don't leave our house on a holiday, so we haven't been there since.  Last year we went on Saturday to MIL's house and she served frozen french fries and chicken fingers, so DH isn't particularly interested in pushing the matter.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I am in AWE of your mil. Lol Mine used to be able to give your 's a run for her money, but has mellowed since my sil became a disappointment to her.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I'm in the boat with usmom.  We have Thanksgiving here for just us.  We will go to my mom and dad's on Friday, but that's a standing breakfast date every week.  MIL and FIL have yet to return our calls about what they want to do.  For 20 some years they have had a big Thanksgiving on Friday evening at DH's uncle's house and last year they switched it to Thursday.  We don't leave our house on a holiday, so we haven't been there since.  Last year we went on Saturday to MIL's house and she served frozen french fries and chicken fingers, so DH isn't particularly interested in pushing the matter.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Lol pre trained! Mine is at least willing to help so that's good.

Quoting tuffymama:

Doing the big deal on Wednesday with my dad, stepmom, ODS, and little sister before little sister's bfri comes in from California Wednesday night. (He's not my cup of tea.) We are having a big roast beef that day because my dad doesn't eat poultry, then we are splitting a turkey to make it three different ways for Thursday at home. I'm making grain free pumpkin custard for me and the LO, and a butterscotch cake, lemon chess pie, and cheese straws for everyone else. My sister makes pecan pies every Thanksgiving now that she's grown, and that takes a lot of pressure off of me LOL. DH is a brilliant rotisseur, so I haven't had to make many meat dishes for years and years. My holiday weeks have been pretty easy for a long time now, because DH and I naturally split tasks according to his talents. Plus, he grew up in a large Catholic family that really did the whole nine for holidays, and each member took his part, so he came pre-trained. ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)