Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your best Thanksgiving recipes?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM
  • 7 Replies
Tell us what you make and how you make it!
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CraftyMama503
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Cheesy potatoes yummmm!!
About 3 possibly 4 bakers potatoes chopped into bite size pieces
1/2-1 chopped onion large size
1 can of Campbell's cheese soup
1 package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Fresh cracked pepper and salt
In a 2qt casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray add 1/2 of potatoes sprinkle with salt pepper and 1/2 of shredded cheese and 1/2 of the onions add the rest of the potatoes salt pepper and the rest of onions and shredded cheese then top with the can of cheese soup spread as evenly as possible cover with foil put into oven preheated to 350• for 40 minutes then take foil off and let bake about 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and top is bubbly and golden YUMMMMMY and relatively easy you can even prepare it the night before refrigerate it and pop it in the oven whenever you're ready =] if you try it I hope you enjoy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM
That does sound good. I've never seen Cheese soup in the can. How many servings does that make?

Quoting CraftyMama503:

Cheesy potatoes yummmm!!

In a 2qt casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray add 1/2 of potatoes sprinkle with salt pepper and 1/2 of shredded cheese and 1/2 of the onions add the rest of the potatoes salt pepper and the rest of onions and shredded cheese then top with the can of cheese soup spread as evenly as possible cover with foil put into oven preheated to 350• for 40 minutes then take foil off and let bake about 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and top is bubbly and golden YUMMMMMY and relatively easy you can even prepare it the night before refrigerate it and pop it in the oven whenever you're ready =] if you try it I hope you enjoy!!!
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Sweet potato casserole is my favorite thing to make. I'll have to come back with the recipe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I always make a pumpkin ooey gooey butter cake instead of pumpkin pie. 

And a new favorite is pumpkin pie fudge. 

I also make some kind of drink. Last year I did hot white chocolate..

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I try different ones each year!

CraftyMama503
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:28 AM
It really is sooooo yummy and it makes I would say at least 6 1/2 cup servings I've never really paid attention to that I just know if I'm lucky enough to have leftovers I put chopped ham in it and reheat it in the oven it's sooooo good you could even add ham chunks before baking I've done that too and it's a meal in itself =]

Quoting mem82:

That does sound good. I've never seen Cheese soup in the can. How many servings does that make?

Quoting CraftyMama503:

Cheesy potatoes yummmm!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

My absolute favorite isn't even on our menu this year.  It is sweet potato casserole.

1 large can of Bruce's Yams, drained, mash a little with potatoe masher

1 can crushed pineapple, drained

1 can mandarin oranges, drained and then chopped

1 jar marashino cherrie....I only add enough to add some extra color...I don't have an exact mesurment, chopped

combine into an 8x8 casserole dish, top with mini marshmallows, bake at 350 for about 30 mins or until the marshmallows have melted and started to brown slighlty.

My favorite dish growing up.....I have changed my mom's recipe and added the mandarin oranges and cherries to it.  My youngest can't eat this dish anylonger with her food allergies so it has been cut from out menu.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)