Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you schooling this week?

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you doing any "formal lessons" this week, or taking a break?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (21-26):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Aww, well did you at least get to enjoy last week?

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

I wish, but we took last week off

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
We usually put Christmas stuff up the day after thanksgiving. I might put it off a little and get a real tree. That way we only have the tree up for 2-3 weeks instead of a month+. It takes up so much room! Lol

Quoting ambcortez:

Taking the week off. I'm gonna clean the house and get the decorations put up and just relax.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambcortez
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:02 PM

It really does. I had to rearrange our furniture so I could have a space, lol.

Quoting Boobah:

We usually put Christmas stuff up the day after thanksgiving. I might put it off a little and get a real tree. That way we only have the tree up for 2-3 weeks instead of a month+. It takes up so much room! Lol

Quoting ambcortez:

Taking the week off. I'm gonna clean the house and get the decorations put up and just relax.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:02 PM
So... Tell us how you really feel. :)
Just kidding! I get it. I hate that Christmas stuff is up before Halloween is even over, and it has gotten SO commercialized. We avoid the grocery and stores as well.

Quoting -Kit-:

Going right on as usual, just avoiding shopping malls and grocery stores more than usual. Ugh.

Aside from getting to eat real turkey, I really, really hate Thanksgiving. November entirely, actually, thanks to Christmas Creep, I now hate everything starting about November 1st. It marks the start of 2 months of hell.

I don't like Christmas either, if you couldn't tell. I kind of just want to shut myself away from November 1st to January 1st, and not look at anything or talk to anyone because I swear I'm already feeling homicidal when some empty-headed clerk fake-smiles at me and says, "MERRY CHRISTMAAAAASSSSS."

I'm done now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Destinay and I are almost finished doing a unit study on Thanksgiving. She has one page to do after that she is on break until December 5.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM
We are going on as usual. We have a little catching up to do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN