Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The joys of preschool outside the home.

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
My middle daughter (4.5 years old) really wanted to go to preschool like her older sister did, so we let her go to the same one and put her in 3 hours a day, 2 days a week that focuses on play more than academics. She started the first Thursday in October, and was sick for a month. Every time she was almost better around Tuesday or Wednesday, she had school on Thursday and would be sick by Saturday.

Finally, she has been better for about 2 weeks!

So, Thursday she comes home from school with a note saying they have a confirmed case of pinkeye. Okay, fine. We will watch for signs and wash hands a lot. Friday she comes home with a note saying they have at least one confirmed case of pinworms!

So now I am on eye and poop watch, praying I don't see anything. If she gets either I'm considering pulling her. It's just not worth it. She has had enough of the experience, right? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I wrote a whole reply whining about the kid I babysit and his ps sisters but Nikki erased it with one finger poke.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Lol - that's typical even in churches! Last year, when we attended co-op, we ended up with e-mails stating that these things (pink eye, the flu, pinworms) were going around the parish! It happens - school or not.

So not fun. Hope she doesn't get either :(

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Wow, you have quite the exciting time right now! 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Kayla does that to me all the time!!!!

Quoting mem82:

I wrote a whole reply whining about the kid I babysit and his ps sisters but Nikki erased it with one finger poke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a problem with germs, to the point where we don't go to many events during cold and flu season, and we don't go to church because I can't stand shaking hands with people who literally JUST coughed or sneezed into it.
Things definitely happen school or not, but schools, daycares, etc are just hot plates of germs and I just prefer not to invite it. Lol. If I *know* there is a risk I avoid it. Pinworms are extremely contagious in a preschool setting because the children still don't have that self awareness of "hey, maybe I shouldn't scratch my bum, touch a bunch of toys, and put them and my fingers in my mouth."
*shudder*

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Lol - that's typical even in churches! Last year, when we attended co-op, we ended up with e-mails stating that these things (pink eye, the flu, pinworms) were going around the parish! It happens - school or not.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I told my husband I love my "job" 90% of the time! but sometimes being a mom just stinks. Lol. The things no one tells you before you have kids.

Quoting hwblyf:

Wow, you have quite the exciting time right now! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Oh I'm with you. We had to leave co-op over it last semester. We have a medically fragile kiddo (DS4; heart, lung, vascular) and something like the flu is potentially devastating for him, so we just stay away when we hear that it's going around.

Quoting Boobah:

I have a problem with germs, to the point where we don't go to many events during cold and flu season, and we don't go to church because I can't stand shaking hands with people who literally JUST coughed or sneezed into it.
Things definitely happen school or not, but schools, daycares, etc are just hot plates of germs and I just prefer not to invite it. Lol. If I *know* there is a risk I avoid it. Pinworms are extremely contagious in a preschool setting because the children still don't have that self awareness of "hey, maybe I shouldn't scratch my bum, touch a bunch of toys, and put them and my fingers in my mouth."
*shudder*

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Next time try ctrl+Z. It is a shortcut for the undo command. 

Quoting mem82:

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

YeahI would pull her! Sounds like she is getting more then the social experience you all bargained for!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Sadly, I was on my tablet, but I will definitely remember that for next time I'm on the desktop.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Next time try ctrl+Z. It is a shortcut for the undo command. 

Quoting mem82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)