Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Where do you go on thanksgiving?

Posted by   + Show Post
Or do you host? Stay home and have your own thing? Nothing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Replies (11-19):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Well that stinks :(

Quoting debramommyof4:

Oh I don't really get a break. I have to cook the turkey, 4 pies, green beans and potatoes.

Quoting Boobah:Enjoy the "break"!

Quoting debramommyof4:

We are going to a friends house this year but I usually host.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM
LOL! I enjoy cooking and I have all day tomorrow because we are not eating till late. My friend has never cooked a turkey and I volunteered for the pies and sides.

I had a friend cook a turkey one year (she lived with us) and it was her first turkey. Never again! It was really dry and no one could eat it.

Quoting Boobah:

Well that stinks :(

Quoting debramommyof4:

Oh I don't really get a break. I have to cook the turkey, 4 pies, green beans and potatoes.

Quoting Boobah:Enjoy the "break"!

Quoting debramommyof4:

We are going to a friends house this year but I usually host.
Aleshad01
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Stay home. My parents and DH's parents are coming here.
coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I prefer to host, so that I know what is going into the food and I know what my youngest can and can't eat.  We will be having 2 friends over this year and one of them has NEVER experienced a Thanksgiving meal.  I can't wait for him to eat all that yummy food.  I'm missing a few essentials though...stuffing is the big one, but  you can't get one without any high fructose corn syrup in it and I had no time or patience to attempt to make my own bread crumbs this year.

-Kit-
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM

DD and I are going to a friend's this year. I'm bringing saffron bread and nice wine. We're "the isle of misfit toys" as my host so put it, everybody's bringing something and just having fun, appreciating good company if not real family.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM
We stay home, we live with mil so she will be there and two BILs will come over (one home from college, one lives with grandma....grandma refuses to go anywhere lol so they will bring a plate home to her bc she loves DHs cooking!). DH does most of the cooking every year, but this year he is working (he will be home at 8am, and has to leave again at 10pm) so I plan to help as much as he'll let me, and get to eating so he can get to bed.

We typically go to my parents house for dessert, but it is over an hour away and I don't enjoy driving...so I haven't decided yet if I will take the kids or not (DH will be sleeping). I feel guilty if I don't go, but I really don't feel like going, lol. My brother and his gf live with my parents and they had a preemie last winter, so I kind of thought we wouldn't be welcome since we don't get the flu shot...but apparently they will make an exception for us to visit, we just can't touch the baby lol...but I was honestly kind of looking forward to the excuse not to go. (That sounds awful, but between the drive, my brothers gf, and the drama I've dealt with with my parents, it's easier to just stay home).
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Nov. 28, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Home, DH and 4 kids, his parents, and this year, my parents!!!
patnic
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM

My husband is out of the country, taking my brother out to dinner and then my two boys and I are heading to a Splash Park/Hotel!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Usually we go to my moms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN