Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Will you be Black Friday shopping?

Posted by   + Show Post
Or thanksgiving day shopping, I forget they open early now.

If so, what are you headed out for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I won't be out tomorrow....I would much rather be with my family.  I have worked retail in the past on Thanksgiving and HATED every moment that it pulled me away from a family gathering that was so important to me.  I will be going to Dollar Tree on Friday or Saturday.  I need to gather some stuff to keep my DD and her BFF busy while we are at a speed skating competition on Sunday.  Otherwise I will be home decorating for the holidays, or at the skating rink (I feel like I live there....I think someone should get me a bed for the backroom there).

auntyag
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Yes. 10pm I think
Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM

no, never done it.

But, we were actually just joking around since we've been sitting in the house today watching football and commercials - that maybe we should go see what the hub-bub is all about now that the kids are a little older and no strollers, potty breaks, etc. But then, not sure we want to teach them to go on a shopping binge anyway.

I've bought almost all gifts on-line and had delivered to my door for the past decade.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:09 PM
DH and I usually go, with a plan and cash. We look for extra deals, but once the cash is gone we are done.

We were considering getting the kids laptops so we thought we would go, but I'm on the fence so I've decided I don't want to spend like $300+ if I'm on the fence about them having them. We are considering buying them a small tv for $70 at best buy, great deal for a decent tv, but I'm not sure if we will go in the morning or not. DH has to work tonight, so no middle of the night stuff for us.

We do it just because its fun for us and like a date kind of. We never take the kids, and we have a lot of fun. We don't let it stress us out or anything. But I am intending to do a lot on amazon, they have just about everything and free shipping...sounds a lot easier than going out shopping, lol. I just think there are many things I like to see in person before spending the money.
celticdragon77
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Black Friday is a scam and it really says something that this is how Americans spends Thanksgiving weekend. 

So, no, I will not be participating.

Lynette
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Online only. Can't stand the crowds.
TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Today I'm purchasing a Godzilla T-Shirt for my dad. I'll probably get one for my older daughter & myself too. We play Settlers of Catan & other games in groups & we can be the Godzilla team. I just hope the other people don't get too jealous.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Nah. I already got most everything I need for the kids and the few things left won't be on sale.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:31 PM
No black Friday shopping me. I can't stand crowds, but my two oldest daughter's wanted to go and quickly saw that it wasn't something that they like doing. I will be doing a little online shopping.
kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I went out today because my mom and my sister wanted to go.  I got a fake Christmas tree because my son was begging for a tree at my house this year and they were cheap at Target.  Other than that and Season 10 of Family Guy, I didn't get anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)