Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling woe

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 33 Replies
I have homeschooled about 18 months. I just am so tired at night after homeschool cooking cleaning and everything else that I am tire at night. My husband wants to be intimate and I want peace and quiet. He will get upset but understands I'm tired I suggested we make nights that we know we will be intimate but he says that will tak out the spur of the moment fun. Is my suggestion off the wall? Not that I am scheduling it but we both know the night will be having sex or we won't.
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nora.83
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Sorry I have nobody to talk to this with. And sorry for my errors .
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
How about you plan them and then surprise him then it is spur of the moment to him.

My husband understands but I still give in even when I do not feel like it sometimes because he starts to feel undesirable. I do not want that so I fake it till I get there. If that makes sense.
LilliesValley
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Just bc you have planned nights doesn't mean you can't still be spontaneous too (and should be). But it does mean you will have sex regularly and since sex is important to a relationship that should not be under rated.
TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
How about in the morning before he heads to work & before the kids are up? That works for us. Plus I honestly like making the bed, showering, etc., and moving along through the day. Sorry for all the romance there!
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
We've been stuck in that rut before. Having planned times, especially date nights kept us going. Then I would watch for those spontaneous moments, like toddler is down for a nap and dd is zoned in on her school work. We still have to plan it out a lot of times but even that can be fun. When we know for sure we flirt all day long and it winds us up for that moment. Sometimes you just have to spice up what you can get for that season.
Zui77
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Good advice above. I think every marriage has that at some point or another! Atleast you are making an effort to improve that area of your relationship!
ablessedlife
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
We used to get a sitter every Friday night. We'd go out for dinner and come back after the kids were in bed. I would make sure I went to bed early on Thurs. night so I wouldn't be tired on Friday night. I would look forward to this day all week because I really enjoyed going out.
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I really like this idea it is a great way to make sure you are getting to be together!
Quoting debramommyof4:

How about you plan them and then surprise him then it is spur of the moment to him.

My husband understands but I still give in even when I do not feel like it sometimes because he starts to feel undesirable. I do not want that so I fake it till I get there. If that makes sense.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
This is so true!
Quoting LilliesValley:

Just bc you have planned nights doesn't mean you can't still be spontaneous too (and should be). But it does mean you will have sex regularly and since sex is important to a relationship that should not be under rated.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a good idea too!
Quoting TidewaterClan:

How about in the morning before he heads to work & before the kids are up? That works for us. Plus I honestly like making the bed, showering, etc., and moving along through the day. Sorry for all the romance there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)