Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
I have homeschooled about 18 months. I just am so tired at night after homeschool cooking cleaning and everything else that I am tire at night. My husband wants to be intimate and I want peace and quiet. He will get upset but understands I'm tired I suggested we make nights that we know we will be intimate but he says that will tak out the spur of the moment fun. Is my suggestion off the wall? Not that I am scheduling it but we both know the night will be having sex or we won't.
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
PinkButterfly66
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's a thought... why doesn't he HELP you when he gets home at night with the chores of cooking and cleaning up and bedtime routine with the kids so you are less tired?

Jenn8604
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
The love and marriage group discussed scheduling sex and half the responses were "I do that ". You do what you have to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I agree

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Here's a thought... why doesn't he HELP you when he gets home at night with the chores of cooking and cleaning up and bedtime routine with the kids so you are less tired?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
sometimes on the weekends we will tell the children that we are going to have a date in our room & we take a movie that came in from Netflix's & go to our room & watch it. Just being alone watching a movie together helps use be closer but it is an opportunity to fool around if we wanted to too!
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

You could definitely suggest this to him & see if he is willing to help out, if he doesn't already.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Nora.83
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
He does help and provides so well for us an has a stressful job. I'm just tired I think and my hormones have nt been regulated since the birth if my last one I don't think I have much of a sex drive right now
Nora.83
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you all for your suggestions
Nora.83
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Having sex and being intimate is the last thing I want at night after a long day but I'm trying to change this .
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 28, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That is very normal, how old is your youngest? It can take a long time to want to be sexual again after a baby, especially if you are afraid of getting pregnant again to soon! Not saying that you are but I have known many that when they really looked deep down their lack of interest was really a subconscious fear of getting pregnant!

Quoting Nora.83:

He does help and provides so well for us an has a stressful job. I'm just tired I think and my hormones have nt been regulated since the birth if my last one I don't think I have much of a sex drive right now

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the opposite problem :-( Dh has never been in the mood at night. Only first thing in the morning when the kids are up (we have no privacy since our bedroom walls are made of curtains and when we do sex has to be very quick and quiet. Ugh.) But this last month he hasn't been in the mood AT ALL. Before that he would ask once a week or so in a very annoying way that would turn me off. Don't ask me, "You wanna do it?" Don't grab my hand and show me how happy you are. Brush your teeth and just kiss me!  But noooo... I swear I think he does it on purpose to avoid sex. 

Sorry about that rant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)