Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Morning!

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
How did everyone's Turkey Day go?

Was there anything unexpected that happened? Did the food turn our as you expected?

Brag brag, please. OR

Vent vent!

undefined

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Ours was good.  We spent the whole day at my parents, but I'm very proud of myself--I brought things to do!!!!  I finally got all my laminating cut out (though, truthfully, I have to laminate a bit more--blech) and I got some crafting done!

How are things on your end?

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Ours went well. I burnt the peas and one of the pies but everything else was really good. We have a lot of stuff to do today then I have to make more deserts for our homeschool Christmas party with our meet up group.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Mostly great....

My parents came for brunch. Mom cooked her famous biscuits n gravy...OMG! Yummmmmm..... and I did pumpkin parfaits for dessert. They went to a friend's house for dinner.

I made turkey, stuffing, potatoes, sweet potatoes and added olives and sweet rolls and 2 pumpkin pies.

Everything was good but my timing was off. Tue turkey took about an extra 40 minutes that I had to keep the rest warm until it was done. We didnt eat until 7:30ish. Soooogood tho...

Then everyone was too stuffed for pie...eat some of that today...

We played Uno when my folks were here. We are lucky if my Dad plays a game once a year lol!

Then DH and I played Monopoly with the kids (I won! First time ever I think!) Then we watched Twilight 1 & 2.

Kids were a little upset that I said NO viedo games or electronics until after dinner. We had the radio on low for backgrpund music but it was so peaceful.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

It was nice! Mil made a delicious turkey, the kids...well the kids were kids and I got to hang out with sil all day. It was fun.

AnnaBright
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours went well. Went to dh's aunt's house. Lots of family and a TON of food. I have about 8 lbs of ham left and an entire cherry cheesecake. Lol
Molimomma
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My oven blew the lower heating element right in the middle of my turkey just as I was putting in my squash and carrots to roast :( Ended up with microwaved potatoes, canned green beans and skillet seared turkey. The only thing that saved me was yummy apple cranberry pie from Whole Foods and a bottle of wine my MIL bought me last month from Trader Joes! Worst part was it was the only night this week my hubs was home for dinner :( such a bummer but it could always have been worse and at least there wasn't a fire or anything. Repair man is coming Monday, hopefully they can get the part I need and fix it that day!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I'm so glad you enjoyed your day. AND you got something "blog" done! Awesome! You SHOULD be proud. :)

We had an okay time. I miss my oldest. At 17, she thinks it is high time that she is on her own and living her own life, so, she didn't make the move when we did. So, I spent this holiday without my oldest. :( But, I realize this is her time for her to grow into the nature adult woman she is suppose to be. I also realized that I may accept this as her time but, I don't have to like it! Lol :)

Quoting hwblyf:

Ours was good.  We spent the whole day at my parents, but I'm very proud of myself--I brought things to do!!!!  I finally got all my laminating cut out (though, truthfully, I have to laminate a bit more--blech) and I got some crafting done!

How are things on your end?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Aww...That must have been a little frustrating to burn anything but at least you were able to have a good day anyway.
Hope you get everything done that you need done. Hope your party is a blast too. :)

Quoting debramommyof4:

Ours went well. I burnt the peas and one of the pies but everything else was really good. We have a lot of stuff to do today then I have to make more deserts for our homeschool Christmas party with our meet up group.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Nice! Sounds like you and your family enjoyed your day. :)
Even if the kids didn't get to play video games until after dinner. :)

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Mostly great....

My parents came for brunch. Mom cooked her famous biscuits n gravy...OMG! Yummmmmm..... and I did pumpkin parfaits for dessert. They went to a friend's house for dinner.

I made turkey, stuffing, potatoes, sweet potatoes and added olives and sweet rolls and 2 pumpkin pies.

Everything was good but my timing was off. Tue turkey took about an extra 40 minutes that I had to keep the rest warm until it was done. We didnt eat until 7:30ish. Soooogood tho...

Then everyone was too stuffed for pie...eat some of that today...

We played Uno when my folks were here. We are lucky if my Dad plays a game once a year lol!

Then DH and I played Monopoly with the kids (I won! First time ever I think!) Then we watched Twilight 1 & 2.

Kids were a little upset that I said NO viedo games or electronics until after dinner. We had the radio on low for backgrpund music but it was so peaceful.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Lol - Yep. I know how kids are. Sweet, awesome little people. Right? Lol

So glad that you had a good day. :)

Quoting paganbaby:

It was nice! Mil made a delicious turkey, the kids...well the kids were kids and I got to hang out with sil all day. It was fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)