Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
How did everyone's Turkey Day go?

Was there anything unexpected that happened? Did the food turn our as you expected?

Brag brag, please. OR

Vent vent!

undefined

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:21 PM
OMG!!! Did I read CHERRY CHEESE CAKE? OMG! I love cherry cheese cake. Can I come over? Can I? Can I? Pleeeease? :) :) :) I'll be good. I promise!
You must have had a good day. So glad too. :)

Quoting AnnaBright:

Ours went well. Went to dh's aunt's house. Lots of family and a TON of food. I have about 8 lbs of ham left and an entire cherry cheesecake. Lol

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. It is raining and we are emptying our storage unit. It should be interesting. But it will save us money in the end.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Ours went well. I burnt the peas and one of the pies but everything else was really good. We have a lot of stuff to do today then I have to make more deserts for our homeschool Christmas party with our meet up group.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it bad that I read that with child like excitment?

Quoting kirbymom:

OMG!!! Did I read CHERRY CHEESE CAKE? OMG! I love cherry cheese cake. Can I come over? Can I? Can I? Pleeeease? :) :) :) I'll be good. I promise!

Quoting AnnaBright:

Ours went well. Went to dh's aunt's house. Lots of family and a TON of food. I have about 8 lbs of ham left and an entire cherry cheesecake. Lol

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Awww! I'm so sorry about your stove. That must have been pretty frustrating. But you are right, at least you didn't have a fire or anything like that. Maybe you could have a make up meal? I've done that. Saved the day too.

Quoting Molimomma:

My oven blew the lower heating element right in the middle of my turkey just as I was putting in my squash and carrots to roast :( Ended up with microwaved potatoes, canned green beans and skillet seared turkey. The only thing that saved me was yummy apple cranberry pie from Whole Foods and a bottle of wine my MIL bought me last month from Trader Joes! Worst part was it was the only night this week my hubs was home for dinner :( such a bummer but it could always have been worse and at least there wasn't a fire or anything. Repair man is coming Monday, hopefully they can get the part I need and fix it that day!

AnnaBright
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Sure thing lol. I made 2 for yesterday and had a whole one left

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting AnnaBright:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Oh my gosh! Not at all! That is how I felt when I read your reply! LOL :)

Quoting debramommyof4:

Is it bad that I read that with child like excitment?

Quoting kirbymom:OMG!!! Did I read CHERRY CHEESE CAKE? OMG! I love cherry cheese cake. Can I come over? Can I? Can I? Pleeeease? :) :) :) I'll be good. I promise!

Quoting AnnaBright:Ours went well. Went to dh's aunt's house. Lots of family and a TON of food. I have about 8 lbs of ham left and an entire cherry cheesecake. Lol

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Lol
I'm such a goof! I apologize for my mess up. Go ahead. You can say it. "Goofy woman" LOL
kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Oh Thank you thank you hank you! You won't regret it. :):):)

Lol Your so sweet. :)

Quoting AnnaBright:

Sure thing lol. I made 2 for yesterday and had a whole one left

Quoting kirbymom:OMG!!! Did I read CHERRY CHEESE CAKE? OMG! I love cherry cheese cake. Can I come over? Can I? Can I? Pleeeease? :) :) :) I'll be good. I promise!

Quoting AnnaBright:Ours went well. Went to dh's aunt's house. Lots of family and a TON of food. I have about 8 lbs of ham left and an entire cherry cheesecake. Lol

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Wow, 17....so young to be on her own.  I know she doesn't think that though.  Good for you for respecting and missing her!

Quoting kirbymom:

I'm so glad you enjoyed your day. AND you got something "blog" done! Awesome! You SHOULD be proud. :)

We had an okay time. I miss my oldest. At 17, she thinks it is high time that she is on her own and living her own life, so, she didn't make the move when we did. So, I spent this holiday without my oldest. :( But, I realize this is her time for her to grow into the nature adult woman she is suppose to be. I also realized that I may accept this as her time but, I don't have to like it! Lol :)

Quoting hwblyf:

Ours was good.  We spent the whole day at my parents, but I'm very proud of myself--I brought things to do!!!!  I finally got all my laminating cut out (though, truthfully, I have to laminate a bit more--blech) and I got some crafting done!

How are things on your end?

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM

We haven't done our official Thanksgiving feast yet as not everyone could get together yesterday.  We are going to do it tomorrow.  Yesterday was still a pretty good day, very relaxing and I got to hold my baby neice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN