Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Creative ideas???

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just found out I'm pregnant with baby #3 and for christmas (provided it sticks) I'd like to announce via some kind of arts and craft or something to the family and involve the kids.

Ideas on things for them to make, or do to send to grandmas and what not?

For the WHOLE family I was thinking of matching T-shirts with a christmas theme that says they are going to be a big brother/sister, and announce were due august 8th.

by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my goodness!

Congratulations!
Precious333
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay!!! Congrats! We announces our pregnancy last year. I took a picture of thr kids and on.it i typed "number four due august 2013" and gave it to my mom to open. The response was classic! We both startes crying lol
kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Have you thought about making a video with the kids making the announcement?
kajira
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Yeah, we planned on doing that too - but my mom in law wants to announce it at christmas, so she wants either arts and crafts to put in the middle of the dinner table, or a picture she can print out to make the announcement.

We won't be there, and I made her keep it a secret at thanksgiving dinner.

Quoting kirbymom:

Have you thought about making a video with the kids making the announcement?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Maybe you could have the kids make a baby bag or a mini baby manger with some baby items in it?

Quoting kajira:

Yeah, we planned on doing that too - but my mom in law wants to announce it at christmas, so she wants either arts and crafts to put in the middle of the dinner table, or a picture she can print out to make the announcement.

Quoting kirbymom:Have you thought about making a video with the kids making the announcement?

kajira
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM

i don't see my son having the patience for something quite that complex.

I was thinking maybe having him spell out the due date with legos on a lego board and them for their christmas pictures have them wear matching t-shirts that sayd big bro/big sis and "Due august 8th" and print it out and mail it ot her to set in the middle of the table.

But I dunno if that's too cliche. LOL

Quoting kirbymom:

Maybe you could have the kids make a baby bag or a mini baby manger with some baby items in it?

Quoting kajira:

Quoting kirbymom:Have you thought about making a video with the kids making the announcement?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I think the Lego ideas is great. Who cares if someone else might think it is cliche. I don't. If this is what you want to do...
Do it. :)

Quoting kajira:

I was thinking maybe having him spell out the due date with legos on a lego board and them for their christmas pictures have them wear matching t-shirts that sayd big bro/big sis and "Due august 8th" and print it out and mail it ot her to set in the middle of the table.

Quoting kirbymom:Maybe you could have the kids make a baby bag or a mini baby manger with some baby items in it?

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah I luckily will have a couple weeks to think about stuff before I have to get anything to her, so lots of time to figure out how I want to do this. LOL

Quoting kirbymom:

I think the Lego ideas is great. Who cares if someone else might think it is cliche. I don't. If this is what you want to do...
Do it. :)

Quoting kajira:

Quoting kirbymom:Maybe you could have the kids make a baby bag or a mini baby manger with some baby items in it?

Quoting kajira:

Bethbeth
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We got a cute ornament like this 2 years ago.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM
My cousin got her second son a tshirt that simply stated "middle child" and waited for the meaning to sink in. It was cute when people started realizing what it meant!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)