Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Any other "creativity deprived" moms out there? Lol.

Posted by   + Show Post

I always feel so lame compared to many homeschooling moms - especially this time of year. I'm a read aloud doing, board game playing, rather buy it than make it, kind of mom.

My middle son takes after me in this regard - if I try to do a craft, he would rather supervise and then play with the end result (that I end up making, lol). My eldest, however, is very creative (perhaps why homeschooling didn't work out well for her).

I'm also not a "play outdoors" type. I do it because I have to and it's good for the kids, but I can't wait to come in after 10 or 15 minutes.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Replies (11-17):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

And I mean the women of your group, not the women on here.

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh poppycock! Those women are full of pomp and show. You are just a down to earth woman who speaks her mind. A much better type of personality because you are who and what you are. Certainly, much easier to feel at home with.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

No... I'm pretty lame. I'm always surprised that my children don't want to be lame with me. I do everything I can to avoid hearing "can we go to the park mom?!" or "can we fingerpaint mom?!". I mean - I do those things if forced, but not before offering bribes to read, play a board game, or stay home first... lol.

All the ladies in my Catholic FB group are posting about awesome Advent projects and I'm just like...yeah... *crickets chirping*... I'm going to buy a pre-made wreath to light... because we DO love shopping... and I'll just buy a pre-made Advent calendar (with chocolate!)... and I have nothing to contribute to the conversation, lol!

Quoting TidewaterClan:You're one of the unlamest moms on here Aimee. :). I always enjoy reading your replies because they're full of solid advice & we can tell how much you love your children through your words.

I'm sure you're a lot more creative than you realize too. We include crafts but not every day.

We do go outside every chance we get. Lol about sneaking books to read in the warm breezes & sunshine. :)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, a book under a tree sounds a lot like heaven to me!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I hate the summer too, though. I love the fall! From afar... I just do not like the outdoors. My mother used to force me outside - I would smuggle a book and find a tree (or a shed) to read by.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I hate playing outside in the cold.  Summer, sure, bring it on.  But once the weather turns cold you have to pry me out of the house!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Dec. 1, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I am pretty lame too.  I sometimes have a good idea, but my follow through isn't always so good. 

I would much rather sit inside then play outside, no matter the season.   Even if I like it outside in the summer, I don't enjoy playing I would much rather sit and read.

I have to get creative sometimes because we can't just go out and buy things, but I usually come here or go on pinterest for ideas, I can never think of them on my own!

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I don't think of myself as very crafty or creative either so don't feel bad!

coala
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I wasn't crafty or creative very much as a child.  I do my best and other parents put me to shame (hangs head).  My girls and I are making barrettes and lanyard keychains for their friends for Christmas.  I am using a whole lot of hot glue and doing most of the work.  They are also painting flouramic decorations that we are going to put ribbon or to go with the other stuff.  I like to craft, I just don't think I am any good at it.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I like to cook and can sew, quilt and crochet. However it has to be practical and useful. I am not the creative/crafty just for the heck of it type. Lol
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Same here. My creativity is a survival mechanism. Without it, school would be pretty dull,lol.

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

You're not alone! I tend to get pretty creative because of necessity. I refuse to buy expensive curriculum, so I buy used and cheap or I make my own. 

Being creative helps me keep things cheap.

I also hate playing outside. My hubby loves it though. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN