Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are there any moms here who have a ministry based program for homeschooling? If so i have many tips to share

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Also if you do not you may benefit from some of the ideas as well.  In our home we go by the laws of the land but we go much further with study of the scriptures, science and much more.

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "ministry based". We do use many Catholic homeschool resources/books, and we do integrate our faith into our every day, as well as our studies.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

PurpleCupcake
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm a heathen...I'm out of this one! LOL 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol
But you might have a good rebuttal though!

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I'm a heathen...I'm out of this one! LOLĀ 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Okay. I'm not a heathen. But I also might not have any views worth much either. :)
CreativeTeachR
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I teach them  what is needed for school and then we teach from the bible, but most of our knowledge is based from the scriptures. my cousin teaches at a christian college, Our lives are around the bibles way of living, for instance  our science projects tie in with what we learned from the bible, it is a fun way to learn and to teach. We teach a lot of public speaking, reading , comprehension, english and my kids are so much like me loving visual , so i use so much that in my teaching

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I'm not sure what you mean by "ministry based". We do use many Catholic homeschool resources/books, and we do integrate our faith into our every day, as well as our studies.

CreativeTeachR
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM

No you guys are not heathens , we just have different ways of teaching homeschool, i am sure you do,  i love to have different ideas to teach subjects, i am open to ideas. I love teaching.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Ah.

Quoting CreativeTeachR:

I teach them  what is needed for school and then we teach from the bible, but most of our knowledge is based from the scriptures. my cousin teaches at a christian college, Our lives are around the bibles way of living, for instance  our science projects tie in with what we learned from the bible, it is a fun way to learn and to teach. We teach a lot of public speaking, reading , comprehension, english and my kids are so much like me loving visual , so i use so much that in my teaching

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN