Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

pipeliners wives

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 16 Replies
Any other pipeliners wives out there that homeschool? What is your home state and where are you currently at?
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Wow. I think that is definitely hard work! How long have you been a pipeline's wife, if I may ask? :)
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Going on 10yrs.there is definitely days I wanna pull my hair out!
bldjrs123
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM
OK silly question but what are pipe liners?..... my fiance is a pipefitter so just wondering the diff
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Pipeliners lay the pipe in the ground for natural gas or oil.
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Do you guys end up moving a lot?  Where have you been?  I'll bet you get to see a lot of this country with his work.

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
We are from Louisiana but currently in Oklahoma.we been to texas way too many times. Mississippi a few and north dakota once.I like traveling and the kids get to do and see alot of cool things.I just worry that they wont get that friend for life encounter since they are no longer in public school.they also have kids to play with but never can really form friendships because we are never in the same place very long.money is great but sometimes I wish he could just be at home.
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM

My husband was born in Shreveport.  :)  

How long are you usually in one spot?  I'm sure it's a lot less stressful for your children to have the consistency of homeschooling versus switching public school.  

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Usually never even a year.
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM
That's less time than my military friends have at the local base.

How are you doing?
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Things are so much better with us all being together but I miss my 'me' time when the kids were in public school.lol it will take some time to adjust to full time living in a rv thats for sure.kids love the homeschooling so far. I personally like sleeping in until 9 if we want.its also nice to know if I wanna go to our actual home for a month I can do that too.everyday I try to convince myself I am not super mom and if it doesn't get done I will survive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)