Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are your favorite homeschooling moments?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
This year our schedule is a little on the crazy side. I still work hard to plan at least 2-3 school days at home. Today was our first day back. We are working on some reading, math and watching a movie on Lewis and Clark. We are also reading the Caption's Dog as well. My sons also have a computer science lesson that is due tomorrow. Today while I was watching Lewis and clark documentary my 11 year old curled up against and snuggled while he was watching the show. I have to admit these are my favorite moments while homeschooling. Mine are when we snuggle on a cold day and listen to an audio book, watch a documentary, or even just sit and read together. What are your favorite homeschooling moments?
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM
3 moms liked this

When I realize something I taught him really has sunk in. 

For example, my son plays a version of 20 questions that he calls the "What am I?" game.  The last time he played with my sister one of his guesses was dark matter.  When my sister asked him if he knew what that was he explained it to her and was right on.  Made me realize he really is learning. 

That kind of thing makes my day!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this

My favorite is when something clicks, or when they light up with that special love for learning.  They love learning but most days it is hard to tell, then they get excited and their faces glow and they all have big smiles and have so much fun and are excited to tell people. 

We had an ah ha moment the other day with my 3 year old she spelled her name all on her own.  My 4 year old spelled instead of saying his name to tell me he was not buckled, then she spelled her name to tell me the same thing.  They did it on their own and I was so proud. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this
My favorite moments are when we are reminiscing about past lessons in some of the places we were in and enjoyed the most. Kind of killing 2 birds with one stone adventure. So many things going on in these moments. Then, I really love when the kids come to David or I and talk about a lesson they learned that I truly thought hadn't been learned. These moments really are the best rewards I can get. The fact that I am actually doing something so enormously important. AND that my kids are truly succeeding with what I am doing with/for them.
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

When I see them learning something new on their own & understanding it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN