Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Show us pics of your desk and teacher organization

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

I search pinterest all the time for ideas. Share ideas you have found  or pics from home.

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreativeTeachR
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM

CreativeTeachR
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a "teachers desk". We don't have any desks at all. I'm all about getting away from the "school-ish" feel. We kick our feet up in front of the fire and do our work on clipboards, or hang out on the front porch. I have one freestanding pantry/cabinet thing in the kitchen where all our stuff goes.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

If my school room and desk looked like that my life would be so much happier and better.  I rearrage every few months.  We have been here 6 months and I am still trying to figure out where and how I want things and what will make it work better.

Quoting CreativeTeachR:

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM

We remodeled our dinning room into an office/learning center. My hubby built a desk, shelves & cabinet as well as a bookcase door.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Lol - Right now, it is a little motel table with three chairs plus two motel beds.
CreativeTeachR
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

i labeled the clear containers like the first pic, i got 2 for 2 bucks at a thrift store, i go there to find furniture too, i am on the hunt for a desk big enough for lots of storage

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I do not use a desk. I prefer to work face to face.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I dont think anyone will be pinning my pics for their stylish decor!

But how is this for organization!! 

and there's more!

celticdragon77
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I have two main areas where I keep the jist of the homeschool materials. They are also the two areas I tend to do lesson planning.

The first two pictures are more of "my space". The bottom two pictures are of the storage I also have in the dining room (the kids storage space).  

I will have get some updated pictures of the living room. My son recently changed the furniture all around to how he wanted it (worked well actually). But we do most of our school in there. The kids also like to do school in my sons room because he has a tent and a loft bed. All the kids have desks in their rooms for if they want to do some work there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)