Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First Homeschool Memory ?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 15 Replies
What is the first homeschool memory? Do you have one? Share with us!

undefined

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Good or bad memory?
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

The first day of school this year, watching my youngest bend her head over her paper and write diligently what she would like me to include in her school this year.  I remember thinking how blessed and wonderful it was that I was going to have her with me during the day, and make learning as fun and rewarding as I possibly could.

kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

The first day this year when we heard the school bus roll by the house.  We just looked at each other and grinned cause we never had to worry about that again!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM

The first day of homeschooling we sat and watched the snow fall while we ate breakfast.  No more standing in the snow waiting for the bus!  We ate breakfast ultra slowly and carried our classwork in front of the fire and curled up to read!  It was so nice to stop the manic mornings, that I'll remember that morning forever.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Oh, my. My first homeschool memory is a bit fuzzy. I guess it was my littlest one ask when we got  to blow stuff up. He thought science was all about explosions LOL. He's 11 now and still wants to blow stuff up.  

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM

The day the school informed me that ds was suspended. I walked into the office to pick him up and told them he wasn't coming back. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Maybe you can do the one that sticks out the most?.

Quoting jen2150: Good or bad memory?
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so precious! I bet you were so happy in that moment too.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

The first day of school this year, watching my youngest bend her head over her paper and write diligently what she would like me to include in her school this year.  I remember thinking how blessed and wonderful it was that I was going to have her with me during the day, and make learning as fun and rewarding as I possibly could.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:31 PM

My first real homeschool memory was of sitting down and forcing my 4 year old to learn to read.  I so messed up that year.  It was our worst year and then she went to public school and that was really a nightmare.  So I did more research and we have been homeschooling for 2 years since and we are all happier.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I love it when we can make those parent to child connections that make that relationship even better.

Quoting kmath:

The first day this year when we heard the school bus roll by the house.  We just looked at each other and grinned cause we never had to worry about that again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN