Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Whatcha reading?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 7 Replies

I just purchased the e-book for The Latin Centered Curriculum (I'm a huge fan of the Jesuit style/method of education, and this pretty closely models it, with a few necessary side-steps). It's turning out to be a great read!

What are YOU reading?

(for my fluff reading, I need to go grap the new Alex Cross book... and the new JD Robb book.... lol)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Dance With Dragons and the 39 Clues books, I am on the 3rd one now.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM
DD and I have been reading Rudyard Kipling most evenings. (unless we forget and it gets too late..lol)

Personally - James Patterson "Cat and Mouse"
On deck I have some eady read romamce stuff...lol
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor.  When Kids Can't Read; What Teachers Can Do by Kylie Beers.  And Bird by Bird by Anne LaMott.

SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Crazy busy. Can't remember the author :/
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I'm wrapping up the teacher's manual for "First Form Latin." Thanks so much for the recommendation - it should be perfect for us.

For fluff I finished "The Night Circus" since it might be the 'Big Read' at our local library. It was alright but I'm glad I only borrowed it from them!

My next read is "The Friday Night Knitting Club."
jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Lies my teacher told me(non fiction history) and 1356 historical fiction
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Our whole family is reading the Warriors book  #5 A Dangerous Path (this is our way to encourage the younger 2 to read).

I am reading 1984 by George Orwell, as well as a few different books on knitting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)