Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So sick, but...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My mom is insistant that the boys and I go up to her house and do school work even though i can barely pull myself up off the couch. I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and I have a sinus infection, and a UTI. The doctor wanted me to get x-rays of my neck because of how much pain i've been in the last few days. She's afraid of abscesses forming, and frankly so am I. She had to take my granny to the dermatologist again today and my sons are fighting and not listening to me at all. I can't even get hold of my mom, her phone is off and so is my aunt's. I still have my house to clean, and take care of dinner and such. DH and my daddy are out of town working. So am I wrong it trying to recover from this crud? Not going to my mom's for school today? I even feel like vomiting today i feel so bad. 

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I would stay home! Tell your Mom if she calls or comes over that you are to sick & that your children will not be behind if you take a few days off to feel better.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

No!  Take the day off and rest.  A healthy momma can do great things.

ladyofnight
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Chances are she'll take over tomorrow. I still have to clean house and cook dinner. :( 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Well sweety, YOU R an ADULT and you CAN tell your mom how you have decided the day is going to go, in your best "I'm in charge" tone of voice. Even if you don't feel that way. You don't want your mom to know that. These are Your kids and this is Your house and she will abide by Your rules of life. And calmly and politely that she feels the same in Her house and Her life and you are just politely reminding your mom of this fact.
usmom is right. Your kids are NOT going to fall behind if you take a few days off.

Quoting ladyofnight:

Chances are she'll take over tomorrow. I still have to clean house and cook dinner. :( 

romacox
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Stay home...take care of yourself.  Can the children make peanut butter sand witches for one day?  Forget house cleaning.

ladyofnight
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM

She came in and my house was a little bit of a mess and she completely went off on me telling me that there is NO excuse for it sick or not. I told her that it's only been 2 days not a flipping week since my husband was home from work. So now she has plans to come down thursday and help me clean the house all the way through from one end to the other. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Preach it, Kirby! 8)

Quoting kirbymom: Well sweety, YOU R an ADULT and you CAN tell your mom how you have decided the day is going to go, in your best "I'm in charge" tone of voice. Even if you don't feel that way. You don't want your mom to know that. These are Your kids and this is Your house and she will abide by Your rules of life. And calmly and politely that she feels the same in Her house and Her life and you are just politely reminding your mom of this fact.

usmom is right. Your kids are NOT going to fall behind if you take a few days off.

Quoting ladyofnight:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you need to draw some lines and make some boundaries. You can only be walked on if you let yourself be walked on.

Quoting ladyofnight:

She came in and my house was a little bit of a mess and she completely went off on me telling me that there is NO excuse for it sick or not. I told her that it's only been 2 days not a flipping week since my husband was home from work. So now she has plans to come down thursday and help me clean the house all the way through from one end to the other. 

PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Can mom come over and help you?

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:49 AM
WHY IS YOUR MOTHER RULING YOUR HOME AND FAMILY? She had her years of raising a family. My friend's daughter just got married and then got the flu, so my friend went over and cleaned the house, cooked food for the fridge and freezer, did laundry, and got the kids set for school for the week. THAT is what a mother/friend/human being does when a loved one is ill and needs help! You might tell your mother that if she isn't helping, she is hurting, and to kindly GTHO of your house and business.
As far as health goes, MAKE THIS TONIC AND TAKE IT! Please. Sinus infections can lead to heart problems. I know, because I got rheumatic fever eighteen years ago and still suffer the consequences. Tonic: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/master-tonic-natural-flu-antiviral/

Sorry for the shouting, but your mom has pissed me off. I have one of those. She doesn't come into my house anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)