Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT~ My Cat is a Bully!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have two dogs. One is a Lab, Spotted pointer mix *Lilly* (about 45 lbs) and the other is a Jack Russel, Bull terrier mix *Emily* (about 25 lbs) Then I also have a cat. She's just an orange tabby *Amber*. All of my animals get along great. 

Except sometimes Amber gets it in her head that she needs to re-establish her dominance,lol. Just now she beat up Lilly and took over Emily's food bowl. I know I shouldn't laugh but it's the funniest thing seeing two big dogs cower away from this little cat.

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM

We have 1 dog that is 9 y/o & about 65 lb., a cat that is 13 y/o & a cat that is 4y/o. The youngest one likes to pick on & torture the senior citizens.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Senior citizens,lol.

Quoting usmom3:

We have 1 dog that is 9 y/o & about 65 lb., a cat that is 13 y/o & a cat that is 4y/o. The youngest one likes to pick on & torture the senior citizens.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM

The old cat (in cat years he is 75) is deaf & almost blind. The Dog (in dog years she is 49) is going blind & has arthritis, so yeah I call them the seniors!

Quoting paganbaby:

Senior citizens,lol.

Quoting usmom3:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM

We have the same issue.. OMG it is FUNNY to see! Our cat is about 6yo and maybe 7 pounds. The dog is a 90 lbs, protection trained German Shepherd.

The dog will be curled up in the recliner, the cat will walk over in front of her and give her the stare down and the dog will literally sigh and gt up and go lay in the hallway!

He steals chicken ight out of her dinner bowl, AS she is eating...

We haea super tall waterbed frame, butwith a regular mattress. The cat will lay on the edge of the bed, wait for the dog to walk by and bat her right between the ears! Funny as heck!

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/982nd Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

romacox
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

My granddaughter had a cat that was a great hunter,  We had no squirrels at all when they lived here.  One day I mistakenly called her cat, "killer cat".  she asked me not to call her that anymore.  I honored her wishes.

shh

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Oh I didn't mean it in a bad way. I just thouyght it was cute. Poor things should be able to relax in their golden years without having to deal with youngsters pestering them,lol.

Quoting usmom3:

The old cat (in cat years he is 75) is deaf & almost blind. The Dog (in dog years she is 49) is going blind & has arthritis, so yeah I call them the seniors!

Quoting paganbaby:

Senior citizens,lol.

Quoting usmom3:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Love it LOL

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

We have the same issue.. OMG it is FUNNY to see! Our cat is about 6yo and maybe 7 pounds. The dog is a 90 lbs, protection trained German Shepherd.

The dog will be curled up in the recliner, the cat will walk over in front of her and give her the stare down and the dog will literally sigh and gt up and go lay in the hallway!

He steals chicken ight out of her dinner bowl, AS she is eating...

We haea super tall waterbed frame, butwith a regular mattress. The cat will lay on the edge of the bed, wait for the dog to walk by and bat her right between the ears! Funny as heck!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM
2 moms liked this

This so reminded of them!Screen Shot 2013-10-02 at 1.16.58 PM

celticdragon77
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:45 AM

When I was a kid, one of the foster parents had two dogs and a cat. The cat would do all kinds of crazy stuff to the dogs.

One of the common things that happened was that the cat could hide behind the fridge, the dogs would have to walk by the fridge to go to their food/water dishes. When they walked by, the cat would reach out and swipe their rear ends with her claws.

The cat used to also 'dig' out all of their food onto the floor.

That cat would strut all around those dogs as if to say she was the queen of that house. 

However, when they were outside of the house, it seemed like a whole dfferent story. That is when they gave that cat hell. 

PurpleCupcake
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I have 7 year old cat, extremely petite, missing one tooth and walks as slow as a turtle who has an excellent pimp slap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)