Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I have two dogs. One is a Lab, Spotted pointer mix *Lilly* (about 45 lbs) and the other is a Jack Russel, Bull terrier mix *Emily* (about 25 lbs) Then I also have a cat. She's just an orange tabby *Amber*. All of my animals get along great. 

Except sometimes Amber gets it in her head that she needs to re-establish her dominance,lol. Just now she beat up Lilly and took over Emily's food bowl. I know I shouldn't laugh but it's the funniest thing seeing two big dogs cower away from this little cat.

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (11-15):
PurpleCupcake
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Whats the difference between cat years and dog years? Is it 7 years per 1 year?

Quoting usmom3:

The old cat (in cat years he is 75) is deaf & almost blind. The Dog (in dog years she is 49) is going blind & has arthritis, so yeah I call them the seniors!

Quoting paganbaby:

Senior citizens,lol.

Quoting usmom3:

We have 1 dog that is 9 y/o & about 65 lb., a cat that is 13 y/o & a cat that is 4y/o. The youngest one likes to pick on & torture the senior citizens.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

laughing

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I have 7 year old cat, extremely petite, missing one tooth and walks as slow as a turtle who has an excellent pimp slap. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

The way the math broke down for me is 5.4 for dogs & 5.7 for cats to every 1 human year.

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Whats the difference between cat years and dog years? Is it 7 years per 1 year?

Quoting usmom3:

The old cat (in cat years he is 75) is deaf & almost blind. The Dog (in dog years she is 49) is going blind & has arthritis, so yeah I call them the seniors!

Quoting paganbaby:

Senior citizens,lol.

Quoting usmom3:

We have 1 dog that is 9 y/o & about 65 lb., a cat that is 13 y/o & a cat that is 4y/o. The youngest one likes to pick on & torture the senior citizens.

PurpleCupcake
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM

That's all she does. She doesn't bite or scratch or attack. She simply, and elegantly, reaches out her paw and slaps the shiznit out of whoever made her mad. Then she just sits there to see if they want another. My 2 huge male cats let her do what she wants. 

Quoting paganbaby:

laughing

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I have 7 year old cat, extremely petite, missing one tooth and walks as slow as a turtle who has an excellent pimp slap. 

coala
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I have a cat that is hitting senior citizen age...she is 9 1/2.  I also have 2 younger ones that are 5.  Occasionally my younger 2 try to play the dominant role and get their butts handed to them.  She might be old, but she is quick and not going to back down from her "queen" status so easily.  One of our younger cats is a great "starter" cat for a family with children.  She will play and be lovey, but when she says shes done it is with a growl and a pop (no claws used when they are young).  As my kids have gotten older she has popped them with the claws out slightly, but they are learning to watch her body language.....when her tail poofs up and her ears go down...walk away slowly.  She has also gotten my LO for not pouring food into the dish quick enough.....that one was just hysterical to watch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN