Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: My DD won her first competition

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
3 moms liked this

I just wanted to share a proud mommy moment.  We went to our first speed skating competition in Vero Beach, Fl on Sunday.  This was DD's very first competition ever outside of our rink.  She got out there with the novice girls (theyv'e been skating for more than a year) and held her own in 3rd place.  She fell in her last corner on her last lap, got up and finished the race without any tears (but I have them as I'm writting this....just so proud).  She got out there again for her long race again with the novice girls and came in 4th place.  Not bad for her 1st meet ever.  Later in the morning she was up with her rookie class....she totally kicked butt and came in 1st place.  They had to re-run this race because 2 girls didn't check in and didn't get to run. So what did my DD do?  She went out and kicked butt again...and got 1st place.  She then competed in her long race and came in 2nd.  When all the points were tallied she got to bring home the "gold".  We are super proud and are preparing for another meet in 6 weeks.  We are headed to Milton, Fl for a 3 day meet.  She is only prepared to run 2 of those days as the 3rd day is outside and we haven't practiced that yet.

Can you tell that I have a grin from ear to ear!!!  I can't wait to see how she does in Milton.  We have told her that it doens't matter if she medals, but it does matter how hard she skates against her competition.  Don't give them anythign they haven't earned.

by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Yeah!!!!  That's absolutely amazing.  A lot of stamina to do all that!  :)

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

That is great!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Great job to her!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM
That is super awesome for her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)