Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Starting preschool next year!

Posted by   + Show Post
Benji (ds1) will be 3 in October. I've decided to go ahead and start him with preschool stuff then.
Here's what I'm thinking:
A wall designated just for the colors, shapes, days of the week, months, numbers, ABC's, weather types and those huge fake paper coins.
They have preschool books at Wal-Mart that aren't but like $1 each, they have the paper to trace letters and numbers in them.
It'll only be a couple hours a day (2-4)...
What do y'all think?
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Replies (11-13):
KristinJG
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM
He is nearly 3 and a half. He was in preschool previously, and I asked them how long they spend on just sitting and working. They said 20 to 30 minutes tops.

Quoting NewInChrist: Sounds fun! :)

Is he 3 as in just turned 3 or 3 as in about to be 4?

Quoting KristinJG: I have been homsechooling my 3 year old for about a month now. Actual "school time", including calendar, weather, letter/number for the week, songs, and any extra things, takes 20 minutes. We will do a page or 2 from his workbook. Then we do art or basketball, both tying into the letter/number of the day. (In order to take a basketball shot, he has to think of a word that starts with the letter.) All of this takes less than an hour while the baby takes his morning nap.
NewInChrist
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM
He LOVES music. :)
For his birthday I got 3 Elmo books from dollar tree that have cds with them and the books have the lyrics. He loves to read, too. He will sit through book after book.

Quoting ablackdolphin:

And remember, when reading to them if they get up and start walking around or playing it doesn't mean that they aren't still listening.  Music is great too!

NewInChrist
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I see, Benji just turned 2 lol

Quoting KristinJG: He is nearly 3 and a half. He was in preschool previously, and I asked them how long they spend on just sitting and working. They said 20 to 30 minutes tops.

Quoting NewInChrist: Sounds fun! :)

Is he 3 as in just turned 3 or 3 as in about to be 4?

Quoting KristinJG: I have been homsechooling my 3 year old for about a month now. Actual "school time", including calendar, weather, letter/number for the week, songs, and any extra things, takes 20 minutes. We will do a page or 2 from his workbook. Then we do art or basketball, both tying into the letter/number of the day. (In order to take a basketball shot, he has to think of a word that starts with the letter.) All of this takes less than an hour while the baby takes his morning nap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)