Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

need opinions on this situation

Posted by   + Show Post
So, some friends of ours own a dance studio. My little sister and my mom have been there. These friends also go to our church, and were apart of our homeschooling group for a few years. This year I signed my 5 and 7 year old for thwir hip hop class taught by the son, who is only 15 years old. Well, I noticed he lacks the maturity to teach young children. He tried to be fun but sometimes that turned to teasing them. He yells at them and gets frustratef very easily. I talked to him and explained that that age is hard to teach, and to be more patient. He tookthe constructivr criticism well, but went back to his yelling etc. One of my friends left tge class because she was fed up with it. I talked to my mom, and said that most likely they wont change, the parents are the same way when they teach.

So, we thought we were paid for the month of december, and i guess we werent, but they aaid we can pay next time, so we stayed, but now I am reconsidering. The boys like it, but i dont think ita worth hurting their self esteem. So, i was thinking of writting the mom a letter and just finishing up december, but i dont know if i want to any more. I dont know what to do.
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (21-23):
Christie1952
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

How do your children feel about the class? Unfortunately they are the ones who have to deal with the behavior. If they are okay with it then stay, if not then leave.

Precious333
by Julia on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM
They like.it, but imo they are too young to make a decision like that. I believe negarive outway the positive. Maybe in the future whene everyone is more mature than we can try again.

Quoting Christie1952:

How do your children feel about the class? Unfortunately they are the ones who have to deal with the behavior. If they are okay with it then stay, if not then leave.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM

That was my thought.  Even if they do love it, the teaching style is not going to change. If you're not comfortable, find a similar class somewhere else and check out the teaching style at that school.  Hopefully you'll be able to find something that you are okay with and that they enjoy.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I'm with BJ as well. Pay for the one class (at most schools, that's just the month cost divided by the number of classes that month) and let them know you won't be back. It's not worth it if your boys don't love it and if it's stressful for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN