Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT - anyone else watching "Sound of Music Live!" Tonight?

Posted by   + Show Post
I will just because my girls are so excited, but I won't like it, lol. Julie is the only Maria IMO. :)

SOM is a tradition in our house, so it'll be interesting to see how Carrie's version measures up - especially unedited.

Just wondered what you ladies think.
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep!  That's our favorite thing to watch on Hulu.  :)

Quoting debramommyof4: That is awesome. You know I did not know that the Brady Bunch was on there!

Quoting TidewaterClan: I hope so too. Hulu is great - we've watched Brady Bunch episodes on there.

We got lucky at a church rummage sale & found the soundtrack on mint vinyls for only $1.

Quoting debramommyof4: I hope it comes out on hulu! I have been looking for the original everywhere but have not found it. So hopefully this will come out on hulu and it will be good so I can share with my kids.

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Lol, makes me wonder what NBC did!

Live could be bad.  I'm not sure who else is in it, but I've never seen Carrie curse.  The actors who play the teenagers could be a different story though!

Quoting TJandKarasMom: Live on NBC makes me nervous. I do wish I had a dvr though. I would like to see it, but I won't let the kids watch it live...and DH refuses to give NBC his ratings, lol.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually took my kids to a Carrie Underwood concert! So I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I know he has explained it to me before, and I am sure it has to do with their views on certain topics (most likely related to the constitution and bill of rights) but I can't remember exactly why he refuses to watch that channel. But he will watch nbc shows on Netflix or sometimes even the xfinity app...just not the in time ratings I guess, lol.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Live could be bad.  I'm not sure who else is in it, but I've never seen Carrie curse.  The actors who play the teenagers could be a different story though!

Quoting TJandKarasMom: Live on NBC makes me nervous. I do wish I had a dvr though. I would like to see it, but I won't let the kids watch it live...and DH refuses to give NBC his ratings, lol.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I know nothing about this, so no. :) We almost NEVER watch actual television. I only hooked up our antenna last night because we are supposed to get a bunch of ice and snow tonight and tomorrow.

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be completely surprised if she personally did anything off color.

As long as he's not adding to their ratings. :'D  I'm sure they'll have it online soon.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I actually took my kids to a Carrie Underwood concert! So I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I know he has explained it to me before, and I am sure it has to do with their views on certain topics (most likely related to the constitution and bill of rights) but I can't remember exactly why he refuses to watch that channel. But he will watch nbc shows on Netflix or sometimes even the xfinity app...just not the in time ratings I guess, lol.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

We're getting the ice & snow tonight; stay safe this weekend!  

We don't turn on the tv until 5:00 (for the news).  The history channel, PBS, and CNN are our favorite channels, and most of that is pretty educational. :)

Quoting hipmomto3:

I know nothing about this, so no. :) We almost NEVER watch actual television. I only hooked up our antenna last night because we are supposed to get a bunch of ice and snow tonight and tomorrow.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
The only actual tv we watch is the history channel and H2, the discovery channel, and animal planet. The kids once in a while watch nick or Cartoon Network but we are steering away from those. DH and I watch The Walking Dead on AMC and he watches some other things on AMC sometimes. I think for everything else we watch Netflix, or the xfinity app. And I can no longer watch any main stream news, but if I have to it's CNN. I listen to a couple radio shows for national news and I almost completely skip the local news, unless I waste time on Facebook, then I get snippets. Lol I think I might be going crazy...plenty of people my age think I am.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

We don't turn on the tv until 5:00 (for the news).  The history channel, PBS, and CNN are our favorite channels, and most of that is pretty educational. :)

Quoting hipmomto3:

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I also avoid the news. Most of it is depressing and not anything I NEED to know anyway! 

We got rid of cable/satellite about 3 years ago when we got a Roku. Now we mostly stream with our PS3. We have Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu+ (but probably cancelling that one after Christmas - not a whole lot that we watch there). We read news online. We do hook up the antenna/converter box and watch live news every once in awhile, but I can't even remember the last time we turned on the TV to watch anything but news! :) It's kind of nice. Over Thanksgiving we were renting a house that had cable, and the kids saw all these commercials and it was a good reminder of how nice it is to not ever see commercials.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: The only actual tv we watch is the history channel and H2, the discovery channel, and animal planet. The kids once in a while watch nick or Cartoon Network but we are steering away from those. DH and I watch The Walking Dead on AMC and he watches some other things on AMC sometimes. I think for everything else we watch Netflix, or the xfinity app. And I can no longer watch any main stream news, but if I have to it's CNN. I listen to a couple radio shows for national news and I almost completely skip the local news, unless I waste time on Facebook, then I get snippets. Lol I think I might be going crazy...plenty of people my age think I am.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting hipmomto3:

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh watches the Walking Dead every Sunday. My favorite show is Pawn Stars. Those guys crack me up, and are chock full of cool historical facts. I'd love to find a spoon made by Paul Revere like the one they had on the other day.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: The only actual tv we watch is the history channel and H2, the discovery channel, and animal planet. The kids once in a while watch nick or Cartoon Network but we are steering away from those. DH and I watch The Walking Dead on AMC and he watches some other things on AMC sometimes. I think for everything else we watch Netflix, or the xfinity app. And I can no longer watch any main stream news, but if I have to it's CNN. I listen to a couple radio shows for national news and I almost completely skip the local news, unless I waste time on Facebook, then I get snippets. Lol I think I might be going crazy...plenty of people my age think I am.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting hipmomto3:

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM
We live with my mil and she won't ever go without cable (I swear she watches something like 7 hours of tv a day...and she works full time, lol, it's kind of ridiculous)...so we do have it, but I am sure once we move out, we will just do everything through the Xbox since that is mostly what we do now (we use our bedroom as a living room as well...but the kids watch tv in the living room sometimes too...they definitely see commercials and it drives me crazy!). My mil watches a lot of biased things, so I always have to remind the kids to keep on walking when she is watching tv...I don't want them hearing all the awful stuff on the news anyway, but then to hear opinions so very different from ours just adds to it!

My favorite thing about cable is having the app, so we can watch shows within a few days of them airing, but with less commercials and the commercials are usually just an ad for the show or another show on that channel.

Quoting hipmomto3:

I also avoid the news. Most of it is depressing and not anything I NEED to know anyway! 

We got rid of cable/satellite about 3 years ago when we got a Roku. Now we mostly stream with our PS3. We have Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu+ (but probably cancelling that one after Christmas - not a whole lot that we watch there). We read news online. We do hook up the antenna/converter box and watch live news every once in awhile, but I can't even remember the last time we turned on the TV to watch anything but news! :) It's kind of nice. Over Thanksgiving we were renting a house that had cable, and the kids saw all these commercials and it was a good reminder of how nice it is to not ever see commercials.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting hipmomto3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN