Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT - anyone else watching "Sound of Music Live!" Tonight?

Posted by   + Show Post
I will just because my girls are so excited, but I won't like it, lol. Julie is the only Maria IMO. :)

SOM is a tradition in our house, so it'll be interesting to see how Carrie's version measures up - especially unedited.

Just wondered what you ladies think.
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
DH and I have watched the walking dead since it started, but we have been disappointed in it lately, lol. I used to like pawn stars too, I do like the facts they talk about and the little quizzes...but I hate how it seems they really are out to make a buck. Like that is all that matters to them in a lot of the episodes. They are fair a lot of times, but there are many times that I just don't get why they won't settle a bit higher to help the person out..they would still get the great item, the person would be a satisfied customer, and they'd be doing a bit of a good deed if they kind of gave in once in a while ;)

Quoting TidewaterClan: Dh watches the Walking Dead every Sunday. My favorite show is Pawn Stars. Those guys crack me up, and are chock full of cool historical facts. I'd love to find a spoon made by Paul Revere like the one they had on the other day.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: The only actual tv we watch is the history channel and H2, the discovery channel, and animal planet. The kids once in a while watch nick or Cartoon Network but we are steering away from those. DH and I watch The Walking Dead on AMC and he watches some other things on AMC sometimes. I think for everything else we watch Netflix, or the xfinity app. And I can no longer watch any main stream news, but if I have to it's CNN. I listen to a couple radio shows for national news and I almost completely skip the local news, unless I waste time on Facebook, then I get snippets. Lol I think I might be going crazy...plenty of people my age think I am.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

We're getting the ice & snow tonight; stay safe this weekend!  

We don't turn on the tv until 5:00 (for the news).  The history channel, PBS, and CNN are our favorite channels, and most of that is pretty educational. :)

Quoting hipmomto3:

I know nothing about this, so no. :) We almost NEVER watch actual television. I only hooked up our antenna last night because we are supposed to get a bunch of ice and snow tonight and tomorrow.

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Commercials are a definite pain. I like to use them as discussions on why we don't need what they're selling. The "as seen on tv" are the worst.

Watching the local news always let's me know which banks & walmarts were just robbed so I can avoid those areas, lol.

Quoting hipmomto3: I also avoid the news. Most of it is depressing and not anything I NEED to know anyway! We got rid of cable/satellite about 3 years ago when we got a Roku. Now we mostly stream with our PS3. We have Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu+ (but probably cancelling that one after Christmas - not a whole lot that we watch there). We read news online. We do hook up the antenna/converter box and watch live news every once in awhile, but I can't even remember the last time we turned on the TV to watch anything but news! :) It's kind of nice. Over Thanksgiving we were renting a house that had cable, and the kids saw all these commercials and it was a good reminder of how nice it is to not ever see commercials.Quoting TJandKarasMom: The only actual tv we watch is the history channel and H2, the discovery channel, and animal planet. The kids once in a while watch nick or Cartoon Network but we are steering away from those. DH and I watch The Walking Dead on AMC and he watches some other things on AMC sometimes. I think for everything else we watch Netflix, or the xfinity app. And I can no longer watch any main stream news, but if I have to it's CNN. I listen to a couple radio shows for national news and I almost completely skip the local news, unless I waste time on Facebook, then I get snippets. Lol I think I might be going crazy...plenty of people my age think I am.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

We don't turn on the tv until 5:00 (for the news).  The history channel, PBS, and CNN are our favorite channels, and most of that is pretty educational. :)

Quoting hipmomto3:

I know nothing about this, so no. :) We almost NEVER watch actual television. I only hooked up our antenna last night because we are supposed to get a bunch of ice and snow tonight and tomorrow.

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Yep! Professional from the museum: this helmet once used by knights during the renaissance is worth $8k

Rick to customer: man, the highest I can go on this is $12.59 and I'm going to be taking a loss on it at that price.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: DH and I have watched the walking dead since it started, but we have been disappointed in it lately, lol. I used to like pawn stars too, I do like the facts they talk about and the little quizzes...but I hate how it seems they really are out to make a buck. Like that is all that matters to them in a lot of the episodes. They are fair a lot of times, but there are many times that I just don't get why they won't settle a bit higher to help the person out..they would still get the great item, the person would be a satisfied customer, and they'd be doing a bit of a good deed if they kind of gave in once in a while ;)

Quoting TidewaterClan: Dh watches the Walking Dead every Sunday. My favorite show is Pawn Stars. Those guys crack me up, and are chock full of cool historical facts. I'd love to find a spoon made by Paul Revere like the one they had on the other day.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: The only actual tv we watch is the history channel and H2, the discovery channel, and animal planet. The kids once in a while watch nick or Cartoon Network but we are steering away from those. DH and I watch The Walking Dead on AMC and he watches some other things on AMC sometimes. I think for everything else we watch Netflix, or the xfinity app. And I can no longer watch any main stream news, but if I have to it's CNN. I listen to a couple radio shows for national news and I almost completely skip the local news, unless I waste time on Facebook, then I get snippets. Lol I think I might be going crazy...plenty of people my age think I am.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting hipmomto3:

kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Now that I've been reminded, I am watching it.

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
They tossed in some songs we hadn't heard before. The lady playing Elsa Schrader had a nice save when the actor behind her was stepping on the train of her dress. :)

Quoting kmath:

kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, I saw that.

Quoting TidewaterClan: They tossed in some songs we hadn't heard before. The lady playing Elsa Schrader had a nice save when the actor behind her was stepping on the train of her dress. :)

Quoting kmath:

rfhsure
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Oooh king and I is my faaaavorite! I love seven brides for seven brothers too

Quoting usmom3:

Nope I preferred the King & I!

Quoting TidewaterClan: No kidding? The hills were never alive with the sound of music for you?

Quoting usmom3:

Nope, the only one in the house that might be interested is me & I was never a big fan of the original!

JTROX
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My 9yo and I were enjoying it until I had to send him to bed.  We will finish watching it tomorrow.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
So far..it is better than I expected :)

It.is strange.seeimg a different Maria...I am terrified to see who plays Capt. Von Trapp
...she is just beimg sent to them...lol
TidewaterClan
by Kate on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Us too! All of those dancing routines had to take major coordination to say the least.

Quoting rfhsure: Oooh king and I is my faaaavorite! I love seven brides for seven brothers too

Quoting usmom3:

Nope I preferred the King & I!

Quoting TidewaterClan: No kidding? The hills were never alive with the sound of music for you?

Quoting usmom3:

Nope, the only one in the house that might be interested is me & I was never a big fan of the original!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)