Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT - anyone else watching "Sound of Music Live!" Tonight?

Posted by   + Show Post
I will just because my girls are so excited, but I won't like it, lol. Julie is the only Maria IMO. :)

SOM is a tradition in our house, so it'll be interesting to see how Carrie's version measures up - especially unedited.

Just wondered what you ladies think.
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (41-42):
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

The girls really liked it.  They like Carrie, and there were a few minor changes in the story line they enjoyed more (the character of Rolf was one).  Dh and I thought it was better than we thought it would be.  It was pretty fun hearing that sort of canned noise all the old live television reruns had.  My oldest daughter asked what that noise was and I told her it was the lack of a sound studio.

Quoting kirbymom: We didn't but did you?
How was it? Did you like it?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol - My kids have asked us the same thing too! We watch a lot of the older movies and tv shows more than we do the modern stuff they put out. But, there are a few that we do watch and that I love. :)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

The girls really liked it.  They like Carrie, and there were a few minor changes in the story line they enjoyed more (the character of Rolf was one).  Dh and I thought it was better than we thought it would be.  It was pretty fun hearing that sort of canned noise all the old live television reruns had.  My oldest daughter asked what that noise was and I told her it was the lack of a sound studio.

Quoting kirbymom: We didn't but did you?
How was it? Did you like it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN