Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Help me pack a backpack for him!

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

Tomorrow my 3 year old is going in for a Child Search screening for speech and I'll have my 6 year old with me. I called to check and was told it was okay as long as he can sit quietly and stay busy in another room while LO is being tested. I want to pack a variety of activities for  him that will keep his attention. I know ya'll are creative and am hoping you can come up with some super awesome things he won't want to put down.

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM

If you have any Wikki Stix, those are fun and quiet!  He can make letters with them or circle certain words in stories.

PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Snacks and drinks! Candy to negotiate for quiet. Wet wipes. Books, crayons, toys. 

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Quoting hwblyf:

If you have any Wikki Stix, those are fun and quiet!  He can make letters with them or circle certain words in stories.

I don't have any though I used to and he likes them. Any idea where to buy them?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Slinky! Silly putty,

Do you have a portable dvd or laptop? Put on a movie or music?

Is.he doing basic addition yet? Dominoes are fun you can play with him or he can use them to build with.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM
I take a big workbook and let my kids know which pages they can do. They get a few books and 2 quite toys. They get 2 snacks (not salty) and one drink. I also take a coloring book.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you can get them at Wal-Mart or Target.  I always see them when I don't want them.

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting hwblyf:

I don't have any though I used to and he likes them. Any idea where to buy them?

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
He's been busy collecting things to put in his back bag after I told him your suggestions. It probably weighs about 20 pounds lol. He packed some of his flashcards too, like the same and different ones.
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Good luck!  I'm sure he's excited packing his bag.  That will make a huge difference for him. :)

Molimomma
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting hwblyf:

I think Michael's(craft store) might have them.

Molimomma
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I'm doing the same thing for my 4 year old but it's for our air plane ride to Grammy's on the 26th. Here's what I'm packing, too easy for you kiddo but maybe it will give you ideas...

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)