Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How does this week look?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 18 Replies

Fun? Exciting? Dreadful?

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
We have lots of appointments. Monday my 3 year old has a check up and all but one other day my husband has appointments an hour away and 3 of those days he has school. So we will be learning on the road.
kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Not too bad.  The next two weeks are going to be a little lighter and then we will be on break for 2 weeks.  We have to get pictures done on Tuesday.  Tomorrow, DS is going to be the teacher and I am going to be the student.  We will see how that goes.   Sounds fun in my head at least. 

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Busy, busy, busy, if I make it through Tuesday next, I'll be able to relax a bit.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully business as usual schooling! Get lots done before we go on break for Christmas.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We're going to be learning about Christmas around the world and continue our fractions/measurements with cookie baking.  We've got a dr appt for the youngest, MIL leaves tomorrow, we need Christmas cards and pictures, but other than that, fairly relaxed.  How 'bout you?

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We have our regular schedule, but will create some stained glass windows with black paper and tissue paper for the glass.  We may also make some cinnamon applesauce ornaments, so they'll have plenty of time to dry and go on our pancake in a jar gifts that we make next week.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Petty typical week here...I have Tuesday and Wednesday off so that will be nice (I usually only have Wednesay off). I'd like to finish some Christmas gifts and write out what else we need to get done for Christmas.
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Academically, it looks like this for ds(12):   Mon - Math & Cursive,  Tue -  Lit/Writing& Sci,  Wed - Math & History,  Thu - Lit/Writing & Sci,  Fri - Math & Geography

Ds has Muay Thai boxing on Mon, Wed, & Sat

On Wednesday, dh and I get to see dd(17) in all 3 hours of her dance classes at her performing arts high school for Parent Observation Day.  Then I have choir practice in the evening.

On Thursday the whole family is going to do the whole Christmas in Manhattan thing (Rockefeller Plaza tree, holiday windows, FAO Schwarz, Columbus Circle, etc) and then see Grease at dd(17)'s high school. 

AnnaBright
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM
3 Dr opts this week and nothing planned. We've been snowed in all weekend. Tomorrow dd has an opt for eye exam so probably hit the library on our way home and find something on ancient China to help with her project.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM

This will be our final full week for awhile.  I hope to get a lot in, especially with math.  We have one playdate and one dentist appointment but other than that it should be pretty school focused.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN