Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I want to homeschool my daughter...I called the superintendant of my school district and mentioned this and asked what steps I need to take etc....she said I dont have to do anything until she turns 6 years old...and that in the meantime i can do whatever i would like preschool wise and kindergarten wise because children do not have a responsibiolity to go to school until first grade or age six here....

so in the meantime...what would you suggest for a preschool/kindergarted curriculum in the meantime....DD is 3 and a half now so we have soem time before we get down to business so to speak...what would you reccommend for this age...

is there any free cirriculum stuff for preschool and kindergarten....or would you jsut go purchace some activity books at walmart etc. etc.

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Replies (11-13):
debuckmom
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM

My prek'er enjoyed (and still enjoys) www.starfall.com games -- loads of reading readiness there. All the other tips on this page are pretty great. Just have fun - games and play are key. Creating letters out of every imaginable thing, reading readiness stuff. Introduce counting, pre-math type of stuff. As for the rest, just let her interests guide you. Pinterest has been a great resource for finding crafts and activities that fit into these ideas. Prek is the no-stress zone. Enjoy!

PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM

It's nice that the superintendent helped you, but usually they are clueless about homeschool laws. Have you checked the laws in your state so you will be prepared?

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM
You can try www.freehomeschooldeals.com they have a lot of Pre-K and K curriculum they do unit studies also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)