Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hello Ladies!

Do you have snow days when the local ps does?  I let the girls play out in the snow last week when ours did.  PS has another one today, but we were planning on measuring out our gift jars and baking.  I had science labs for both too, and that never seems like school.

Just wondered what you all do.

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, yeah, we don't want bad weather days here.  That usually means hunkering down.  Haven't ever had to be evacuated yet.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Man that stinks! That's not the kind if thing you keep your fingers crossed for either!

Quoting kmath:

Unless we are going to get hit by a hurricane, nope. 

Quoting TidewaterClan: Awwooooo! Do you ever get bad weather days?

Quoting kmath:

I don't get snow days.  :(

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
That's good! Hopefully you'll never have to.

Quoting kmath:

LOL, yeah, we don't want bad weather days here.  That usually means hunkering down.  Haven't ever had to be evacuated yet.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Man that stinks! That's not the kind if thing you keep your fingers crossed for either!

Quoting kmath:

Unless we are going to get hit by a hurricane, nope. 

Quoting TidewaterClan: Awwooooo! Do you ever get bad weather days?

Quoting kmath:

I don't get snow days.  :(

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If it snows enough to play in my kids are out playing in it!

momof3inTN
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. We don't do snow days.

Actually, I tell my kids we'll take a snow day when it snows inside the schoolroom. LOL

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM
That's awesome! Mine were already "skating" in the driveway today while I got lunch together.

Quoting usmom3:

If it snows enough to play in my kids are out playing in it!

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
That's actually did make me laugh out loud!

Quoting momof3inTN:

Actually, I tell my kids we'll take a snow day when it snows inside the schoolroom. LOL

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Last year I had some in ps and some home, and they called for what turned out to be nothing (they called it the night before, based on the prediction that didn't come about), and then the schools were in the following week even though there was a heavy snowfall.  I kept my psers home because I felt they should actually get a snow-snow day!  :)  Enjoy the day!!!!

Quoting TidewaterClan: Those are always fun days! There were a few times last year (when the girls were still in ps) where the roads were a pure sheet of ice & we still had school. I think all the supers must have gotten nagged because they're being very cautious this year.

We're getting the basics done then I'll let them loose on the world. Or the backyard anyhow!

Quoting hwblyf:

We have a hard time keeping up with work on snow days, but we don't follow the ps schedule because they've been known to call when there's nary a flake in sight, and keep going when I think they should not.  :)  We do try to keep a bit of work in, though.  I say as I listen to my first grader whining like there's no tomorrow.  And that's just because, not for anything like snow!

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
We usually just get tropical storm and hurricane days here.
momof3inTN
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Leave it to homeschooled kids to try and find a way around that one. We actually did get snow at our last house and one year they started carrying buckets of snow into the schoolroom. LOL They were 8 and 7 at the time. Such cuties! Thankfully they kept the snow in the buckets. We finished a little early so they could enjoy the snow before it melted. Now we've moved (to middle Tennessee) and we don't get snow often but I still use that line when the local schools are closed. HAHAHA

Quoting TidewaterClan: That's actually did make me laugh out loud!

Quoting momof3inTN:

JadeTigr7
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

We still do school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)