Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Going to school while homeschooling

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone gone back to school while homeschooling your kids? How did it go?
Dh and I are hoping to take a few classes soon, but I am considering continuing after the classes and going for a degree.
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Replies (31-37):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Does it get really hard? I have a two year old.

Quoting lovelylady83:

Im doing it... it was easy with just my oldest... now I have a 1 year old too... she makes everything difficult LOL

nicki1018
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope totally doable.

Quoting Dawn07: For some reason I was thinking it would be more than that. That's not bad. I think I could handle that as long as I stay organized and on track.

Quoting nicki1018:

Yep. It seems fast but it's actually pretty nice. 

Quoting Dawn07:

Okay, so that would be 4 classes a semester. Just not at once.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I will probably in 2 years. Next year I will have 3 actually schooling as my son will be an official kindergartner next year. Then my baby will officially join us the next year.

Quoting Dawn07: I've heard k12 can be overwhelming in itself so I can only imagine. And if y'all had to share a computer. Maybe take a class to get your feet wet and see how it works out.

Quoting debramommyof4: I tried to do online school but I think since we were doing k12 it was just to much. I think with normal homeschooling and my kids being slightly older it would probably work better. I am just afraid after that one time.
redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I am attending an online school. I hate it. Working the school work around my schedule is completely doable, I just really dislike the format that the school uses.

Knightquester
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

My mom went through college while homeschooling my brothers and I.  She graduated when I was entering my mid/late teens and she was nearly done raising all of her children.  She got her dream career job a few years after graduation and having worked in her field, and she's been in that job ever since.

kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I take between 2-3 classes each term.  I do school online.  It is definitely doable.  I spend between 3-5 hours on my school a week.  Ocasionally it is more, for papers or tests usuallly.  I do my work after the boy goes to bed.

lovelylady83
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:36 AM

My kids are 9 and 1 so for me it is hard.  My oldest needs me to be hands on in her homeschooling.  My LO is extremely demanding.  I have no family close by because we are a military family.  I am sure if I could afford a maid and a cook things would be much easier.  I have to keep my loans in deferrment until we pay off the car otherwise I would not be going right now.  

Quoting Dawn07: Does it get really hard? I have a two year old.

Quoting lovelylady83:

Im doing it... it was easy with just my oldest... now I have a 1 year old too... she makes everything difficult LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN