Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Going to school while homeschooling

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone gone back to school while homeschooling your kids? How did it go?
Dh and I are hoping to take a few classes soon, but I am considering continuing after the classes and going for a degree.
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I haven't myself, but would like to.
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom: I haven't myself, but would like to.

I have been thinking about it for years but just haven't been able to. This next year looks promising though lol.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Depend on the class some classes needed friday to study too monday wedenday saturday

Quoting Dawn07: How many days a week did you have to set aside for you schoolwork?

Quoting motheroffour186: I have the mornings was their time and the night time was my time to work and study but I did school on online was better for me though.
nicki1018
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM

A term is eight weeks. 

Quoting Dawn07:

That doesn't sound to bad. Is a term like a semester? 

Quoting nicki1018:

Being online, and not the "paper mil colleges" people tend to think but an actual college I have two classes a term. All my work is due by Sunday at midnight. That usually includes quiz's each week, papers most classes every other week, discussions with the minimum of three post each week. Then the reading material. Each night I do about one to two hours of school work. I am usually done with everything by Friday if a paper isn't due so really it's only five days a week and that's because I stretch it out like that. Sometimes it can be less if I am able to read during the day or take a quiz or do an discussion post during the day as well. For my school you are not allowed to take more then two classes a term unless you have straight A's for a year. My load is actually pretty nice and simple for me. I don't have any problems juggling both my school and theirs.

No problem ask away. :)

Quoting Dawn07: How many hours does it take to do each night? How many nights a week? Do you do a full load? Sorry all my questions popped in my head at one time lol.

Quoting nicki1018:

I "go" to school while I homeschool. I haven't had any issues, I do their school during the day and do mine work at bedtime.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Okay, so that would be 4 classes a semester. Just not at once.

Quoting nicki1018:

A term is eight weeks. 

Quoting Dawn07:

That doesn't sound to bad. Is a term like a semester? 

Quoting nicki1018:

Being online, and not the "paper mil colleges" people tend to think but an actual college I have two classes a term. All my work is due by Sunday at midnight. That usually includes quiz's each week, papers most classes every other week, discussions with the minimum of three post each week. Then the reading material. Each night I do about one to two hours of school work. I am usually done with everything by Friday if a paper isn't due so really it's only five days a week and that's because I stretch it out like that. Sometimes it can be less if I am able to read during the day or take a quiz or do an discussion post during the day as well. For my school you are not allowed to take more then two classes a term unless you have straight A's for a year. My load is actually pretty nice and simple for me. I don't have any problems juggling both my school and theirs.

No problem ask away. :)

Quoting Dawn07: How many hours does it take to do each night? How many nights a week? Do you do a full load? Sorry all my questions popped in my head at one time lol.

Quoting nicki1018:

I "go" to school while I homeschool. I haven't had any issues, I do their school during the day and do mine work at bedtime.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM

So you studied every other day and sometimes friday too?

Quoting motheroffour186: Depend on the class some classes needed friday to study too monday wedenday saturday

Quoting Dawn07: How many days a week did you have to set aside for you schoolwork?

Quoting motheroffour186: I have the mornings was their time and the night time was my time to work and study but I did school on online was better for me though.

nicki1018
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Yep. It seems fast but it's actually pretty nice. 

Quoting Dawn07:

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM
For some reason I was thinking it would be more than that. That's not bad. I think I could handle that as long as I stay organized and on track.

Quoting nicki1018:

Yep. It seems fast but it's actually pretty nice. 

Quoting Dawn07:

julesjerry
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My friend did. She woke up early and finish her studies and when kids wakeup, she will be with them.

Possible and You can do it.

lovelylady83
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Im doing it... it was easy with just my oldest... now I have a 1 year old too... she makes everything difficult LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN