Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What should be on the Christmas wish list for hs teachers?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

All the "what do teachers want for Christmas?" posts made me think of this.

What would be on your hs list if the sky was the limit?

How about starting with an unlimited shopping pass to an hs convention?
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I'm truly impressed with your creativity.  :)  My list just seems to tame comparatively.  I gotta get on that!

I'm betting that even with 18 million bookshelves, I'd still need more.  :)

Quoting TidewaterClan: Lol, I'm just dreaming big!

I forgot to add 18 million bookshelves!

Quoting hwblyf:

I would like a listening station, an ipod and headphones.  I'd also like an ipad, and possibly 18 million bookshelves.  Oh, and tons of printer ink.  I gotta say, Tidewater has a much cooler list than I.  I'm going to abandon my life and go hang with her!  She's got this dream big thing downpat!!!!

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Real bees, not metaphoric ones? That does sound like a small place; a camper would be quite a bit like that.

My first apt was a studio with the bedroom/living room/kitchen combo. It did have a balcony, and one other dweller and I had a light competition at Christmas time. I took all the lights my parents didn't want that were super old fire hazards, and I'm pretty sure the other person did the same. It's a good thing we didn't catch the outside of the place on fire!

Quoting hwblyf:

The first place I lived after college (not counting my parents'), I could touch all the walls from my bed, it had a window into the living room (!), and I shared this room with all the bees that could fit into the one wall.  I think using a camper would remind me too much of that experience.  :)

Quoting TidewaterClan: Rats on the Sprinter. That would be nice for your family.

When we go camping some of the people have campers like that one with slide outs and the works. They're bigger than my first apartment, that's for sure!

Quoting hwblyf:

Wow.  My oldest asked if Santa was going to bring us a Sprinter this year (with 7 of us, and 5 of that 7 being male, I think we need a bigger vehicle).  I guess we didn't dream big enough!

By the way, Santa is NOT bringing us a Sprinter.  :(

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Mobile Photo

And a super sweet Class C for those long field trips?

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Thanks. :)

No kidding on the bookshelves. Just . . . One . . . More . . . Book . . .

I thought we would be fine with the five shelf one I cleared out before we started this year. That didn't last long!

Quoting hwblyf:

No, I'm truly impressed with your creativity.  :)  My list just seems to tame comparatively.  I gotta get on that!

Quoting hwblyf:

I would like a listening station, an ipod and headphones.  I'd also like an ipad, and possibly 18 million bookshelves.  Oh, and tons of printer ink.  I gotta say, Tidewater has a much cooler list than I.  I'm going to abandon my life and go hang with her!  She's got this dream big thing downpat!!!!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Either a bigger house or the addition to this one so my kids arent stuffed into one room with all our school stuff. Their bedroom and the "classroom" are starting to seriously merge.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Real bees.  After the exterminator left (what an exodus we saw outside!), we stopped counting at 75 dead ones.  I did NOT like waking up with bees on my pillow.  They never stung me, but it was intimidating to say the least.

That light competition sounds like a good time.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Real bees, not metaphoric ones? That does sound like a small place; a camper would be quite a bit like that.

My first apt was a studio with the bedroom/living room/kitchen combo. It did have a balcony, and one other dweller and I had a light competition at Christmas time. I took all the lights my parents didn't want that were super old fire hazards, and I'm pretty sure the other person did the same. It's a good thing we didn't catch the outside of the place on fire!

Quoting hwblyf:

The first place I lived after college (not counting my parents'), I could touch all the walls from my bed, it had a window into the living room (!), and I shared this room with all the bees that could fit into the one wall.  I think using a camper would remind me too much of that experience.  :)

Quoting TidewaterClan: Rats on the Sprinter. That would be nice for your family.

When we go camping some of the people have campers like that one with slide outs and the works. They're bigger than my first apartment, that's for sure!

Quoting hwblyf:

Wow.  My oldest asked if Santa was going to bring us a Sprinter this year (with 7 of us, and 5 of that 7 being male, I think we need a bigger vehicle).  I guess we didn't dream big enough!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Mobile Photo

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lifetime supply of homeschooling supplies!!
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

We just had a "book fair" at the house.  Um, I knew I had bought quite a few books.  Used off Amazon, a few new, had to stop at the Costco book corner a few times, the church had a used book sale.....we probably added more than 100 books to our collection.  I think it's safe to say I have a problem....

Quoting TidewaterClan: Thanks. :)

I thought we would be fine with the five shelf one I cleared out before we started this year. That didn't last long!

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting hwblyf:

kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I want a secret room that is actually a library.  I would have to be bigger than my current house though.  I also want a swimming pool so D can do laps and stuff for PE.  A paid roundtrip to Egypt to see the things we are learning about would also be really cool.

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
That bed action would be uncomfortable on a good day. Yikes! I'll bet that was a sight watching them all swarm off.

The lights were fine. Every time they added a strand, I did, then them, and on. Both of our balconies were pretty cheesy looking but they were bright!

Quoting hwblyf:

Real bees.  After the exterminator left (what an exodus we saw outside!), we stopped counting at 75 dead ones.  I did NOT like waking up with bees on my pillow.  They never stung me, but it was intimidating to say the least.

That light competition sounds like a good time.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Real bees, not metaphoric ones? That does sound like a small place; a camper would be quite a bit like that.

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Mobile Photo

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, you and me both! We have a 2nd & Charles used bookstore near us and I get the shakes if I try to walk past it. :)

Quoting hwblyf:

We just had a "book fair" at the house.  Um, I knew I had bought quite a few books.  Used off Amazon, a few new, had to stop at the Costco book corner a few times, the church had a used book sale.....we probably added more than 100 books to our collection.  I think it's safe to say I have a problem....

Quoting TidewaterClan: Thanks. :)

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting hwblyf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN