Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my day.....the good, the bad and the ugly lol

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
We had a crazy day today. We had my four montb old daughtet at home. In.our state you have to take babies into vital records with am appointment. So, i set mine up months ago, set my phone calendat for 11:30. The boys did fheir math we left and the only parking wr found was for $2.45 ever 15 mins! So, we parked, i rushed all 4 kids (no one to babysit, dh and I share the van and so he had to ride his motorcycle to work. Ok, so we get there, I'm rushing the kids, shoes keep coming off my 3 year old, you get tge picture. A nice man asked about my kids and said he has four if his own too. We were going yo the same place and I told him that we were going to get Samara's birth certificate. Well, we get in and find that our appointment was at 11:00! They said we would have to reschedule. Next time would be February 7th!!! I told then that she was only on our insurancr.for 30 days after birth, and we need the cerificate to get the ss number for her to get coverage, and she has been seen several times.since then! The lady wad unsympathetic. So, i left in tears. I called dh and he said that I needed to talk to a manager. While I was on rhe phone I saw the man i had seen earlier. I asked if he worked there and he said yes. I told him what happened and he said he knows the manager and tried to give him a call, but he didnt answer. He told me his name, and to go back in and asked to talk to him. So, i went and they said he was in a meeting. So, i waited and then he camr out. He was very sympathetic but they still couldnt see us today. He said he would give us a call to be seen next week. He also gave the kids lollipops.

So, after that I picked up lunch and wr went to their first gymnastics class. My 3 year old fell asleep and when he woke up he had a huge fit! He was still tired and starvef because it was passed 2:00. So i walked him over to a little hamburger joint. We wete waitinf and this friendly man in a.wheelchair started up a conversation. Meanwhile my baby starts bawling, i found out later she got scratched somehow. Finallt he ate a little at the gymn, bur then go jealous that they were doing gymnastics,.so he kept trying to climb over.

After class I decided that since I had tye car that I would run an errand. I went to the fabric store to get the baby' christmas present. While we were there the kids were actually doing well. They stayed with me, helped me.pick out fabric, carry things etc. There was this older lady in a motorized wheelchair that was.cussing. Well, once we got in line she was near and talked to another person said someyhing. The guy infront laughed and said to me "dont worry, your kids are doing great!" I told him that i didn hear. He said that she said her kids came right away and nevet got spankings,.she just had to give them the look. Then the lady behind me said that she understands, she works with preschoolers. My kids.were helping me, staying near and came when I called, but they did keep on getting destracted by the toys.

Sorry. Its long, just feels good to talk through it :)
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katyq
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:58 AM

What a long day! I hope you got a chance to relax this evening -_-

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that was such a huge hassle yesterday!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm exhausted just reading about your day! I've definitely had those days though, it's nice to talk it through and let it all out! Hope you get your appointment next week!
TidewaterClan
by Kate on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM
So sorry about the time mix up! That's annoying and so frustrating! Jeez! Is the office that busy that they couldn't have helped you?

I hope today is better by far!
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
This and days like that frustrate me, even when they turn out good. I hope you get your appointment next week.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I'm exhausted just reading about your day! I've definitely had those days though, it's nice to talk it through and let it all out! Hope you get your appointment next week!
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Awe!  Those days are so frustrating!

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Ok, you have officially made me afraid to leave the house and I have to take the kids out today for haircuts by myself for the first time!  EEEK

Seriously, I hope your day today is better.  Your kids sound like they were doing just fine.  Mine get distracted by shiny things also. ;)

CafeMom Tickers
Precious333
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. Oncr the kids were in.bed, i sent them.to bed early too! Lol

Quoting katyq:

What a long day! I hope you got a chance to relax this evening -_-

Precious333
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM
No, I think the lady was jusr making a point, and once the manager came.out it was already 12 :(

Quoting TidewaterClan: So sorry about the time mix up! That's annoying and so frustrating! Jeez! Is the office that busy that they couldn't have helped you?

I hope today is better by far!
Precious333
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Sorry :( it will be fine. There are some good people in the world who.understand too :)

Quoting jwhit8791:

Ok, you have officially made me afraid to leave the house and I have to take the kids out today for haircuts by myself for the first time!  EEEK

Seriously, I hope your day today is better.  Your kids sound like they were doing just fine.  Mine get distracted by shiny things also. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)