Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I love game shows

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
2 moms liked this

I know I haven't been here in a while, but I finally found a bit of a balance between hs'ing and everything else I need to do.

A few times I have been 'stuck' when coming up with lessons, but jeopardy and millionaire have come to the rescue!

I was seriously struggling one day and I had the TV on in the background. All of a sudden it hits me. I start looking up age appropriate trivia on science (what I have been struggling with) and all of a sudden my creative juices are flowing and ideas are just coming to me. All because of Cedric the Entertainer was asking questions in the background..heehee

I know we find inspiration everywhere, but where is the most odd or fun place you have found inspiration for lessons?

You know, I'll be taking note of the replies and putting them in my bank of info..heehee

by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I love to use video games as ways to help them with reading, math, problem solving & many other things.

I have been letting my 10y/o instant message family & friends to help with her reading, spelling & typing. It works because she wants to do it! I have also been letting her play the games on Facebook & it has helped with reading, typing, spelling, math, time management & many other things!

FootballFan12
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Oh! The text messaging is a good idea!

Quoting usmom3:

I love to use video games as ways to help them with reading, math, problem solving & many other things.

I have been letting my 10y/o instant message family & friends to help with her reading, spelling & typing. It works because she wants to do it! I have also been letting her play the games on Facebook & it has helped with reading, typing, spelling, math, time management & many other things!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:08 PM
My 12 yr old got inspired to do her own schooling centered on reading an old home remedies book. She started getting into some science from trying to do some of the "recipes". She ended up learning how to divide fractions and percentages in her head. She also learned how to make a few "cheap" remedies like homemade mouth wash. She really enjoyed doing this. Especially because it was her idea I think.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN